Updated Jul 30, 2013 - 9:43 pm
Kurt Warner sees similarities in Cardinals QB Carson Palmer
Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer's career seems to be following the same trajectory as current NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner.
They both had success with their first teams, Warner won a Super Bowl with the St. Louis Rams in 2000 and Palmer led the Cincinnati Bengals to the team's first playoff appearance in 15 years in 2005.
After Warner's success with St. Louis, he went to New York to play for the Giants in 2004 where he lost his starting job midway through the year, while Palmer spent two injury-ridden and mediocre years in Oakland.
Warner talked about the similarities between himself and Arizona's new signal caller at Cardinals' practice on Tuesday.
"There is a lot of accurate comparisons with that," Warner stated. "The benefit for me is I wrote the last chapter and it went good for me.
"At the end of the day that is what people are going to remember."
Warner led the Cardinals to their lone Super Bowl appearance and two division titles before he retired in 2010.
Since Warner retired, the Cardinals have struggled to find his replacement at the position, and their failure to do so cost the old regime their jobs.
"People are excited about him," Warner said. "[Palmer] feels like he has a lot left and I hope he can resurrect this organization to where we were just a few years ago."
Last season, Palmer threw for over 4,000 yards with 22 touchdowns and 14 interceptions for the Raiders.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.