Updated Jul 30, 2013 - 9:43 pm
Kurt Warner sees similarities in Cardinals QB Carson Palmer
Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer's career seems to be following the same trajectory as current NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner.
They both had success with their first teams, Warner won a Super Bowl with the St. Louis Rams in 2000 and Palmer led the Cincinnati Bengals to the team's first playoff appearance in 15 years in 2005.
After Warner's success with St. Louis, he went to New York to play for the Giants in 2004 where he lost his starting job midway through the year, while Palmer spent two injury-ridden and mediocre years in Oakland.
Warner talked about the similarities between himself and Arizona's new signal caller at Cardinals' practice on Tuesday.
"There is a lot of accurate comparisons with that," Warner stated. "The benefit for me is I wrote the last chapter and it went good for me.
"At the end of the day that is what people are going to remember."
Warner led the Cardinals to their lone Super Bowl appearance and two division titles before he retired in 2010.
Since Warner retired, the Cardinals have struggled to find his replacement at the position, and their failure to do so cost the old regime their jobs.
"People are excited about him," Warner said. "[Palmer] feels like he has a lot left and I hope he can resurrect this organization to where we were just a few years ago."
Last season, Palmer threw for over 4,000 yards with 22 touchdowns and 14 interceptions for the Raiders.
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.