Updated Jul 30, 2013 - 9:43 pm
Kurt Warner sees similarities in Cardinals QB Carson Palmer
Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer's career seems to be following the same trajectory as current NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner.
They both had success with their first teams, Warner won a Super Bowl with the St. Louis Rams in 2000 and Palmer led the Cincinnati Bengals to the team's first playoff appearance in 15 years in 2005.
After Warner's success with St. Louis, he went to New York to play for the Giants in 2004 where he lost his starting job midway through the year, while Palmer spent two injury-ridden and mediocre years in Oakland.
Warner talked about the similarities between himself and Arizona's new signal caller at Cardinals' practice on Tuesday.
"There is a lot of accurate comparisons with that," Warner stated. "The benefit for me is I wrote the last chapter and it went good for me.
"At the end of the day that is what people are going to remember."
Warner led the Cardinals to their lone Super Bowl appearance and two division titles before he retired in 2010.
Since Warner retired, the Cardinals have struggled to find his replacement at the position, and their failure to do so cost the old regime their jobs.
"People are excited about him," Warner said. "[Palmer] feels like he has a lot left and I hope he can resurrect this organization to where we were just a few years ago."
Last season, Palmer threw for over 4,000 yards with 22 touchdowns and 14 interceptions for the Raiders.
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves