Updated Jul 30, 2013 - 9:43 pm
Kurt Warner sees similarities in Cardinals QB Carson Palmer
Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer's career seems to be following the same trajectory as current NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner.
They both had success with their first teams, Warner won a Super Bowl with the St. Louis Rams in 2000 and Palmer led the Cincinnati Bengals to the team's first playoff appearance in 15 years in 2005.
After Warner's success with St. Louis, he went to New York to play for the Giants in 2004 where he lost his starting job midway through the year, while Palmer spent two injury-ridden and mediocre years in Oakland.
Warner talked about the similarities between himself and Arizona's new signal caller at Cardinals' practice on Tuesday.
"There is a lot of accurate comparisons with that," Warner stated. "The benefit for me is I wrote the last chapter and it went good for me.
"At the end of the day that is what people are going to remember."
Warner led the Cardinals to their lone Super Bowl appearance and two division titles before he retired in 2010.
Since Warner retired, the Cardinals have struggled to find his replacement at the position, and their failure to do so cost the old regime their jobs.
"People are excited about him," Warner said. "[Palmer] feels like he has a lot left and I hope he can resurrect this organization to where we were just a few years ago."
Last season, Palmer threw for over 4,000 yards with 22 touchdowns and 14 interceptions for the Raiders.
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.