Arizona Cardinals release first depth chart
No matter what it says, injuries and performances are likely to change things before the first regular season game.
However, that does not mean they can't be of some interest, and the first one released by the Arizona Cardinals certainly has parts that make you go "ooh."
Of note, Levi Brown is listed as the starter at left tackle while newcomer Eric Winston will start on the right side of the line. Second-year pro Michael Floyd is listed as the number two receiver ahead of Andre Roberts, and rookie Jonathan Cooper will be the starting left guard.
On defense, new linebackers Jasper Brinkley, Lorenzo Alexander and Karlos Dansby are all in the starting lineup, and in the secondary free agent pickup Jerraud Powers will start opposite Patrick Peterson.
The depth charts for both offense and defense can be seen by clicking on the photo to the left, with rookies' names underlined and injured players' names being in parenthesis. The special teams order is as follows:
Kicker: Jay Feely/Will Batson
Punter: Dave Zastudil/Will Batson
Long Snapper: Mike Leach/Alex Gottlieb
Holder: Dave Zastudil/Will Batson
Kick Returner: Javier Arenas/Alfonso Smith/Stepfan Taylor/Andre Ellington
Punt Returner: Patrick Peterson/Javier Arenas/Tyrann Mathieu/Charles Hawkins
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Arizona Cardinals preseason: By The Numbers
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.