Arizona Cardinals release first depth chart
No matter what it says, injuries and performances are likely to change things before the first regular season game.
However, that does not mean they can't be of some interest, and the first one released by the Arizona Cardinals certainly has parts that make you go "ooh."
Of note, Levi Brown is listed as the starter at left tackle while newcomer Eric Winston will start on the right side of the line. Second-year pro Michael Floyd is listed as the number two receiver ahead of Andre Roberts, and rookie Jonathan Cooper will be the starting left guard.
On defense, new linebackers Jasper Brinkley, Lorenzo Alexander and Karlos Dansby are all in the starting lineup, and in the secondary free agent pickup Jerraud Powers will start opposite Patrick Peterson.
The depth charts for both offense and defense can be seen by clicking on the photo to the left, with rookies' names underlined and injured players' names being in parenthesis. The special teams order is as follows:
Kicker: Jay Feely/Will Batson
Punter: Dave Zastudil/Will Batson
Long Snapper: Mike Leach/Alex Gottlieb
Holder: Dave Zastudil/Will Batson
Kick Returner: Javier Arenas/Alfonso Smith/Stepfan Taylor/Andre Ellington
Punt Returner: Patrick Peterson/Javier Arenas/Tyrann Mathieu/Charles Hawkins
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials