Cardinals' Lyle Sendlein likes what he sees out of rookie Jonathan Cooper
Third-round draft pick Tyrann Mathieu is garnering the most attention, and rightfully so with the playmaking abilities he has shown thus far in camp.
With the focus being put on Mathieu and other rookies such as linebacker Kevin Minter, first round pick Jonathan Cooper has flown under the radar.
Fellow offensive lineman Lyle Sendlein is one person who has noticed the guard's ability to become a great player.
"He deserved to be picked that high," Sendlein told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo on Wednesday. "He has the work ethic to be a great player in this league."
Cooper was the seventh overall pick in April's NFL Draft out of North Carolina and is projected to be the opening day starter at left guard for the Cardinals.
Sendlein sees many traits in Cooper that he's not seen in many offensive linemen out of college.
"Tough for a guy to come out of college with so many attributes," Sendlein stated. "He has good hands, great feet, and is strong.
"He is really strong in the weight room and it translates to the field. He has short quick steps and is smart."
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.