Cardinals' Lyle Sendlein likes what he sees out of rookie Jonathan Cooper
Third-round draft pick Tyrann Mathieu is garnering the most attention, and rightfully so with the playmaking abilities he has shown thus far in camp.
With the focus being put on Mathieu and other rookies such as linebacker Kevin Minter, first round pick Jonathan Cooper has flown under the radar.
Fellow offensive lineman Lyle Sendlein is one person who has noticed the guard's ability to become a great player.
"He deserved to be picked that high," Sendlein told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo on Wednesday. "He has the work ethic to be a great player in this league."
Cooper was the seventh overall pick in April's NFL Draft out of North Carolina and is projected to be the opening day starter at left guard for the Cardinals.
Sendlein sees many traits in Cooper that he's not seen in many offensive linemen out of college.
"Tough for a guy to come out of college with so many attributes," Sendlein stated. "He has good hands, great feet, and is strong.
"He is really strong in the weight room and it translates to the field. He has short quick steps and is smart."
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.