Updated Aug 9, 2013 - 7:21 pm
John Abraham shines in preseason debut with Cardinals
Just two weeks later, the 35-year-old outside linebacker certainly didn't disappoint in his debut with the team.
On the first play of the second quarter in the Cardinals' preseason opener Friday night, Abraham, who had 10 sacks with the Atlanta Falcons in 2012, stripped Green Bay Packers quarterback Graham Harrell at Arizona's 47-yard line.
The football was recovered by Sam Acho, and the Cardinals followed up the turnover with a 52-yard touchdown drive.
"You know, for me it is preseason. It is more just cut and dry, get into shape and just play football, like I usually do," Abraham said at halftime. "Doing that just helps the team out and helps them see that I have a little something left. For me, it is just about playing football right now."
Abraham finished the night -- albeit in limited action -- with one tackle, one sack and one forced fumble.
Not bad, not bad at all.
"I felt pretty good," Abraham said of his night. "I didn't get as many plays as I wanted to but it is the first game. I felt comfortable. I think the first drive was bad for, letting them get down the field on us. But we were able to hold them at the end. But this is more for the young guys, this first game. The second and third games are more for us."
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.