Updated Aug 9, 2013 - 7:21 pm
John Abraham shines in preseason debut with Cardinals
Just two weeks later, the 35-year-old outside linebacker certainly didn't disappoint in his debut with the team.
On the first play of the second quarter in the Cardinals' preseason opener Friday night, Abraham, who had 10 sacks with the Atlanta Falcons in 2012, stripped Green Bay Packers quarterback Graham Harrell at Arizona's 47-yard line.
The football was recovered by Sam Acho, and the Cardinals followed up the turnover with a 52-yard touchdown drive.
"You know, for me it is preseason. It is more just cut and dry, get into shape and just play football, like I usually do," Abraham said at halftime. "Doing that just helps the team out and helps them see that I have a little something left. For me, it is just about playing football right now."
Abraham finished the night -- albeit in limited action -- with one tackle, one sack and one forced fumble.
Not bad, not bad at all.
"I felt pretty good," Abraham said of his night. "I didn't get as many plays as I wanted to but it is the first game. I felt comfortable. I think the first drive was bad for, letting them get down the field on us. But we were able to hold them at the end. But this is more for the young guys, this first game. The second and third games are more for us."
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Arizona Cardinals' Terry McDonough: Emotion not a good tool for evaluating draft talent
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?