Updated Aug 9, 2013 - 7:21 pm
John Abraham shines in preseason debut with Cardinals
Just two weeks later, the 35-year-old outside linebacker certainly didn't disappoint in his debut with the team.
On the first play of the second quarter in the Cardinals' preseason opener Friday night, Abraham, who had 10 sacks with the Atlanta Falcons in 2012, stripped Green Bay Packers quarterback Graham Harrell at Arizona's 47-yard line.
The football was recovered by Sam Acho, and the Cardinals followed up the turnover with a 52-yard touchdown drive.
"You know, for me it is preseason. It is more just cut and dry, get into shape and just play football, like I usually do," Abraham said at halftime. "Doing that just helps the team out and helps them see that I have a little something left. For me, it is just about playing football right now."
Abraham finished the night -- albeit in limited action -- with one tackle, one sack and one forced fumble.
Not bad, not bad at all.
"I felt pretty good," Abraham said of his night. "I didn't get as many plays as I wanted to but it is the first game. I felt comfortable. I think the first drive was bad for, letting them get down the field on us. But we were able to hold them at the end. But this is more for the young guys, this first game. The second and third games are more for us."
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals don't want to be NFC West's 'stepchild' any longer
- Arizona Cardinals will have Andre Ellington back on the field vs. Rams
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- A different kind of measuring stick awaits Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?