Updated Aug 9, 2013 - 7:21 pm
John Abraham shines in preseason debut with Cardinals
Just two weeks later, the 35-year-old outside linebacker certainly didn't disappoint in his debut with the team.
On the first play of the second quarter in the Cardinals' preseason opener Friday night, Abraham, who had 10 sacks with the Atlanta Falcons in 2012, stripped Green Bay Packers quarterback Graham Harrell at Arizona's 47-yard line.
The football was recovered by Sam Acho, and the Cardinals followed up the turnover with a 52-yard touchdown drive.
"You know, for me it is preseason. It is more just cut and dry, get into shape and just play football, like I usually do," Abraham said at halftime. "Doing that just helps the team out and helps them see that I have a little something left. For me, it is just about playing football right now."
Abraham finished the night -- albeit in limited action -- with one tackle, one sack and one forced fumble.
Not bad, not bad at all.
"I felt pretty good," Abraham said of his night. "I didn't get as many plays as I wanted to but it is the first game. I felt comfortable. I think the first drive was bad for, letting them get down the field on us. But we were able to hold them at the end. But this is more for the young guys, this first game. The second and third games are more for us."
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.