Updated Aug 10, 2013 - 7:46 am
Cardinals' Andre Roberts: Quarterback Carson Palmer and wide receivers gaining confidence
But after being the recipient of Carson Palmer's longest pass from scrimmage -- a 38-yard touchdown strike -- in the Cardinals' 17-0 preseason victory over the Green Bay Packers Friday night, even the fourth-year wideout out of The Citadel could sense something was different with No. 3 behind center.
"He's doing a great job," Roberts said. "You can see that. We didn't have many plays in this game, but he's doing a great job for us. We can't wait to see what this season entails."
From Palmer's small sample size in the team's 17-point win, the season could entail plenty of positives potentially. The two-time Pro Bowler was efficient (4-of-6 for 77 yards), went down field multiple times and spread the ball evenly to his three top receivers (Larry Fitzgerald, Michael Floyd and Roberts).
It might have only been nine snaps, but Roberts can feel the group is gaining momentum in the confidence department.
"That's the big thing me, Carson, Larry and Mike have been working on in training camp, just instilling that confidence in Carson to throw the ball down the field to us," said Roberts. "He has to understand that every time, we want him to know that we're going to go get the ball for him. Just like we know he's going to go down field and place it perfectly like he did tonight."
One preseason game down, and already as Roberts hinted at, the team's top offensive weapons are building a much-needed level of trust with their quarterback.
It never hurts when part of that equation features a seasoned veteran like Palmer.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Panel ranks Arizona Cardinals' Bruce Arians as the NFL's 13th-best head coach
- The Pulse: Most fans not very concerned with the Arizona Cardinals' preseason loss to the Cincinnati Bengals
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.