Updated Aug 10, 2013 - 7:46 am
Cardinals' Andre Roberts: Quarterback Carson Palmer and wide receivers gaining confidence
But after being the recipient of Carson Palmer's longest pass from scrimmage -- a 38-yard touchdown strike -- in the Cardinals' 17-0 preseason victory over the Green Bay Packers Friday night, even the fourth-year wideout out of The Citadel could sense something was different with No. 3 behind center.
"He's doing a great job," Roberts said. "You can see that. We didn't have many plays in this game, but he's doing a great job for us. We can't wait to see what this season entails."
From Palmer's small sample size in the team's 17-point win, the season could entail plenty of positives potentially. The two-time Pro Bowler was efficient (4-of-6 for 77 yards), went down field multiple times and spread the ball evenly to his three top receivers (Larry Fitzgerald, Michael Floyd and Roberts).
It might have only been nine snaps, but Roberts can feel the group is gaining momentum in the confidence department.
"That's the big thing me, Carson, Larry and Mike have been working on in training camp, just instilling that confidence in Carson to throw the ball down the field to us," said Roberts. "He has to understand that every time, we want him to know that we're going to go get the ball for him. Just like we know he's going to go down field and place it perfectly like he did tonight."
One preseason game down, and already as Roberts hinted at, the team's top offensive weapons are building a much-needed level of trust with their quarterback.
It never hurts when part of that equation features a seasoned veteran like Palmer.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.