Updated Aug 13, 2013 - 5:48 pm
Cardinals' Patrick Peterson says goal is to be MVP
To begin, Peterson hides nothing about his personal goals and self esteem: he believes he's the best cornerback in the National Football League wants to be the best football player in the world.
From the interview:
I think my goal is to be an MVP of the league. I am the top cornerback in the game, and now that Bruce Arians is giving me the opportunity to play offense and special teams, I'll have the best opportunity to capture that goal and dream of mine.
Later in the interview, after touching on current coach Bruce Arians, his coaches at LSU and his Madden rating, Peterson was candid about his life in Phoenix.
I think the best thing about living in Phoenix is the weather that permits me to golf every day, especially in the offseason. Coming from Florida, where the weather is unpredictable, I love living in a place where it doesn't rain.
Read the full story here.
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.