Updated Aug 13, 2013 - 8:22 pm
Cardinals RB Rashard Mendenhall to start vs. Cowboys
Mendenhall came to the Cardinals via free agency in March, after spending five previous seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers. For three straight seasons prior to the 2012-13 season, Mendenhall averaged more than 1,000 yards rushing per season.
Last season, the 26-year-old Illinois Illini product played in just six games for the Steelers, tallying 182 yards over 51 carries.
In Mendenhall's stead Friday, rookie Stepfan Taylor tread 64 yards on 20 carries, while Alfonso Smith went 21 yards on 12 touches.
"They did a great job last week and I think we did a great job as an offense and as a team," Mendenhall said Tuesday.
"It's cool to see that and I look forward to being a part of it."
- The 5: Top story lines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.