Updated Aug 13, 2013 - 8:22 pm
Cardinals RB Rashard Mendenhall to start vs. Cowboys
Mendenhall came to the Cardinals via free agency in March, after spending five previous seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers. For three straight seasons prior to the 2012-13 season, Mendenhall averaged more than 1,000 yards rushing per season.
Last season, the 26-year-old Illinois Illini product played in just six games for the Steelers, tallying 182 yards over 51 carries.
In Mendenhall's stead Friday, rookie Stepfan Taylor tread 64 yards on 20 carries, while Alfonso Smith went 21 yards on 12 touches.
"They did a great job last week and I think we did a great job as an offense and as a team," Mendenhall said Tuesday.
"It's cool to see that and I look forward to being a part of it."
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?