Updated Aug 13, 2013 - 8:22 pm
Cardinals RB Rashard Mendenhall to start vs. Cowboys
Mendenhall came to the Cardinals via free agency in March, after spending five previous seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers. For three straight seasons prior to the 2012-13 season, Mendenhall averaged more than 1,000 yards rushing per season.
Last season, the 26-year-old Illinois Illini product played in just six games for the Steelers, tallying 182 yards over 51 carries.
In Mendenhall's stead Friday, rookie Stepfan Taylor tread 64 yards on 20 carries, while Alfonso Smith went 21 yards on 12 touches.
"They did a great job last week and I think we did a great job as an offense and as a team," Mendenhall said Tuesday.
"It's cool to see that and I look forward to being a part of it."
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?