Updated Aug 13, 2013 - 8:22 pm
Cardinals RB Rashard Mendenhall to start vs. Cowboys
Mendenhall came to the Cardinals via free agency in March, after spending five previous seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers. For three straight seasons prior to the 2012-13 season, Mendenhall averaged more than 1,000 yards rushing per season.
Last season, the 26-year-old Illinois Illini product played in just six games for the Steelers, tallying 182 yards over 51 carries.
In Mendenhall's stead Friday, rookie Stepfan Taylor tread 64 yards on 20 carries, while Alfonso Smith went 21 yards on 12 touches.
"They did a great job last week and I think we did a great job as an offense and as a team," Mendenhall said Tuesday.
"It's cool to see that and I look forward to being a part of it."
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.