Arizona Cardinals' GM: WR 'Larry Fitzgerald is being challenged'
Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald may be a bona fide superstar, but that doesn't mean he isn't subject to change.
The seven-time Pro Bowler is facing the tall task of learning a new offense under head coach Bruce Arians.
Cardinals general manager Steve Keim said Fitzgerald is experiencing a different training camp than in years past.
"Larry's a proud guy," Keim told Arizona Sports 620's The Big Red Rage Thursday. "But he and I have had a few conversations, and for the first time probably in Larry's career, he's being challenged.
"He's being challenged mentally. He's being challenged physically."
Arians is renowned as one of the great offensive minds in the NFL after serving as offensive coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Indianapolis Colts.
Keim said he expects his franchise receiver to thrive in Arians' system.
"He's having to learn three positions at wideout and you know what, it's out of his comfort zone, but that's a good thing," Keim stated. "I told him the other day once he gets this system down, his career will flourish under Bruce Arians."
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?