Arizona Cardinals' GM: WR 'Larry Fitzgerald is being challenged'
Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald may be a bona fide superstar, but that doesn't mean he isn't subject to change.
The seven-time Pro Bowler is facing the tall task of learning a new offense under head coach Bruce Arians.
Cardinals general manager Steve Keim said Fitzgerald is experiencing a different training camp than in years past.
"Larry's a proud guy," Keim told Arizona Sports 620's The Big Red Rage Thursday. "But he and I have had a few conversations, and for the first time probably in Larry's career, he's being challenged.
"He's being challenged mentally. He's being challenged physically."
Arians is renowned as one of the great offensive minds in the NFL after serving as offensive coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Indianapolis Colts.
Keim said he expects his franchise receiver to thrive in Arians' system.
"He's having to learn three positions at wideout and you know what, it's out of his comfort zone, but that's a good thing," Keim stated. "I told him the other day once he gets this system down, his career will flourish under Bruce Arians."
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!