Arizona Cardinals' GM: WR 'Larry Fitzgerald is being challenged'
Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald may be a bona fide superstar, but that doesn't mean he isn't subject to change.
The seven-time Pro Bowler is facing the tall task of learning a new offense under head coach Bruce Arians.
Cardinals general manager Steve Keim said Fitzgerald is experiencing a different training camp than in years past.
"Larry's a proud guy," Keim told Arizona Sports 620's The Big Red Rage Thursday. "But he and I have had a few conversations, and for the first time probably in Larry's career, he's being challenged.
"He's being challenged mentally. He's being challenged physically."
Arians is renowned as one of the great offensive minds in the NFL after serving as offensive coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Indianapolis Colts.
Keim said he expects his franchise receiver to thrive in Arians' system.
"He's having to learn three positions at wideout and you know what, it's out of his comfort zone, but that's a good thing," Keim stated. "I told him the other day once he gets this system down, his career will flourish under Bruce Arians."
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?