Updated Aug 16, 2013 - 9:15 am
CBS writer predicts Arizona Cardinals will have winning record
Pete Prisco, senior NFL columnist for CBS Sports, predicts Arizona will finish the season 9-7, which would be a huge improvement over last year's 5-11 campaign.
However, a 9-7 record would only place the Birdgang third in the NFC West this season, according to Prisco. He puts the San Francisco 49ers at 12-4 and the Seattle Seahawks at 10-6.
The CBS writer picked the Cardinals to win the division in 2012, a prediction that backfired on him. He was slightly less optimistic about the team in this year's forecast.
This time, the Arizona Cardinals are not the pick in the NFC West, even if I did change that pick before the season started. (49ers fans, you can look it up.)
Prisco puts two other NFC teams -- the Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins -- at 9-7 and six conference rivals with more wins that that in 2013, meaning Arizona would not make the playoffs.
Cardinals fans can rejoice in the fact Prisco did not predict either the 49ers or the Seahawks to make it to Super Bowl XLVIII. He thinks the Seahawks will get knocked out in the first round, and that the 49ers, despite earning a first round bye, will become victims in the divisional round to the Atlanta Falcons.
Prisco predicts the Cincinnati Bengals will win in the Super Bowl over the Falcons.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.