Updated Aug 19, 2013 - 2:09 pm
You down with OPP?
Peterson will be involved in a lot of trickery and slight of pigskin in this offense but the power of surprise will dissipate without a baseline. Peterson needs to assimilate Bruce Arians' base offense in a 4-receiver set and produce in the most mundane of situations. If he's capable of catching a 10-yard hook, running the out-route or getting on top of an NFL corner on a go-route, he will have a profound impact on what the Cards can do offensively in 2013.
Peterson can run by corners and Big Red is in dire need of a receiver that can loosen up a secondary. Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd are big receivers that can win jump ball battles down the field but they're not going to run by many corners in this league. Peterson can, and this will open up the short and intermediate routes to Fitz and Floyd, making their jobs easier.
As we all know, Patrick Peterson is a stud and he will excel as a receiver in the NFL. And that's what concerns me. How will coaches be able to keep him off the field if he's making plays and changing the way defenses approach their offense?
I'll bet Todd Bowles would like an answer to that question, too.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim likes what he's seen from rookie John Brown
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.