Updated Aug 19, 2013 - 2:09 pm
You down with OPP?
Peterson will be involved in a lot of trickery and slight of pigskin in this offense but the power of surprise will dissipate without a baseline. Peterson needs to assimilate Bruce Arians' base offense in a 4-receiver set and produce in the most mundane of situations. If he's capable of catching a 10-yard hook, running the out-route or getting on top of an NFL corner on a go-route, he will have a profound impact on what the Cards can do offensively in 2013.
Peterson can run by corners and Big Red is in dire need of a receiver that can loosen up a secondary. Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd are big receivers that can win jump ball battles down the field but they're not going to run by many corners in this league. Peterson can, and this will open up the short and intermediate routes to Fitz and Floyd, making their jobs easier.
As we all know, Patrick Peterson is a stud and he will excel as a receiver in the NFL. And that's what concerns me. How will coaches be able to keep him off the field if he's making plays and changing the way defenses approach their offense?
I'll bet Todd Bowles would like an answer to that question, too.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves