Arizona Cardinals coaches doing things the right way, says Lorenzo Alexander
In his first year with the team, his style has earned many a fan within both his locker room and his media room. Players like receiving straight answers, and journalists enjoy a candid coach.
"He keeps it real to you," Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday. "He's not going to sugar coat anything; he's going to put it out there.
"If he thinks you did great, he's going to let you know. If he thinks you were horrible that day, he's going to let you know, too."
Alexander said that's a trait he and his teammates appreciate and respect, and the fact that he treats Pro Bowl receiver Larry Fitzgerald the same as he does players who are fighting to make the roster shows what kind of coach he is.
"I think that's why we're going to change the culture around here and start winning more games," Alexander added.
The linebacker, who made the Pro Bowl in 2012 for his work on special teams with the Washington Redskins, says that way of doing things extends to the entire coaching staff.
"Todd Bowles, our position coach -- you can see the same exact personality as far as getting on you, letting you know, being honest and holding you accountable from top to bottom," he said. "You've got to have that; you've got to have people that have your back and hold your same type of concepts and the way you do things if you want to create that type of chemistry and atmosphere throughout a whole organization and team."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?