Arizona Cardinals coaches doing things the right way, says Lorenzo Alexander
In his first year with the team, his style has earned many a fan within both his locker room and his media room. Players like receiving straight answers, and journalists enjoy a candid coach.
"He keeps it real to you," Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday. "He's not going to sugar coat anything; he's going to put it out there.
"If he thinks you did great, he's going to let you know. If he thinks you were horrible that day, he's going to let you know, too."
Alexander said that's a trait he and his teammates appreciate and respect, and the fact that he treats Pro Bowl receiver Larry Fitzgerald the same as he does players who are fighting to make the roster shows what kind of coach he is.
"I think that's why we're going to change the culture around here and start winning more games," Alexander added.
The linebacker, who made the Pro Bowl in 2012 for his work on special teams with the Washington Redskins, says that way of doing things extends to the entire coaching staff.
"Todd Bowles, our position coach -- you can see the same exact personality as far as getting on you, letting you know, being honest and holding you accountable from top to bottom," he said. "You've got to have that; you've got to have people that have your back and hold your same type of concepts and the way you do things if you want to create that type of chemistry and atmosphere throughout a whole organization and team."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!