SI NFL writer: Don't sleep on the Arizona Cardinals
"I really like the Cardinals, and I've said this," he told Arizona Sports 620's Bickley with Marotta Friday. "I think anyone who sleeps on them is going to regret it.
"That is a good team that is going to win games and is going to be competitive in every game."
The Cardinals won just five games last season, but a coaching change as well as substantial turnover on the roster has led many to believe they'll be a much-improved squad.
But, just like with seemingly everyone else who thinks the Cardinals will be better in 2013 than the were in 2012, there is the pretty standard caveat.
"The only thing that bothers me about the Cardinals is the division," Trotter added. "I think those teams are all going to beat up on each other, which is going to make it very difficult for Arizona to make a playoff push."
Yes, the NFC West appears to be incredibly difficult, with Super Bowl favorites San Francisco and Seattle joined by rising St. Louis.
Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians has said that he doesn't "see dominance" in the division, and no matter what projections are the games themselves must be played.
So if the Cardinals are competitive, just as Trotter believes they will be, then perhaps they'll be able to surprise the folks who already think they'll be a surprise team.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up