Report: Arizona Cardinals RB Rashard Mendenhall should be ready for season opener
According to CBSSports.com's Jason LaCanfora, running back Rashard Mendenhall should be ready to go for the team's season opener at St. Louis September 8. Mendenhall ran for 47 yards on six carries before leaving with what head coach Bruce Arians described as "looseness" in his knee. The Cardinals' projected starter at running back has been bothered by tendinitis during training camp.
LaCanfora also reported that the Cardinals are dangling running back Ryan Williams in the trade market. The former second-round pick out of Virginia Tech saw his first preseason action against San Diego, carrying twice for 10 yards and catching a pass for six yards. He's missed a good portion of camp with a knee injury.
- Patrick Peterson becomes highest paid CB, Richard Sherman has something to say (tweet)
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b