Report: Arizona Cardinals' Ryan Williams on the trade block
According to CBSSports.com's Jason LaCanfora, the team is shopping third-year pro Ryan Williams.
Williams, a 2011 second-round pick, has battled various medical setbacks, has been the subject of trade talks.
Indeed, Williams has struggled to stay healthy since being taken in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft, as the former Virginia Tech star suffered a ruptured patella tendon in the first preseason game of his rookie year and then a season-ending shoulder injury Week 5 of last season.
And given that the team replaced its coaching staff in January, this offseason stood as an important one for Williams' future in Arizona. However, he's battled knee soreness since early in training camp, and finally saw the field for the first time Saturday against the San Diego Chargers.
For his career, Williams has tallied 164 yards on 58 carries, as well as 44 yards on seven receptions.
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?