Report: Arizona Cardinals' Ryan Williams on the trade block
According to CBSSports.com's Jason LaCanfora, the team is shopping third-year pro Ryan Williams.
Williams, a 2011 second-round pick, has battled various medical setbacks, has been the subject of trade talks.
Indeed, Williams has struggled to stay healthy since being taken in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft, as the former Virginia Tech star suffered a ruptured patella tendon in the first preseason game of his rookie year and then a season-ending shoulder injury Week 5 of last season.
And given that the team replaced its coaching staff in January, this offseason stood as an important one for Williams' future in Arizona. However, he's battled knee soreness since early in training camp, and finally saw the field for the first time Saturday against the San Diego Chargers.
For his career, Williams has tallied 164 yards on 58 carries, as well as 44 yards on seven receptions.
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!