Report: Arizona Cardinals' Ryan Williams on the trade block
According to CBSSports.com's Jason LaCanfora, the team is shopping third-year pro Ryan Williams.
Williams, a 2011 second-round pick, has battled various medical setbacks, has been the subject of trade talks.
Indeed, Williams has struggled to stay healthy since being taken in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft, as the former Virginia Tech star suffered a ruptured patella tendon in the first preseason game of his rookie year and then a season-ending shoulder injury Week 5 of last season.
And given that the team replaced its coaching staff in January, this offseason stood as an important one for Williams' future in Arizona. However, he's battled knee soreness since early in training camp, and finally saw the field for the first time Saturday against the San Diego Chargers.
For his career, Williams has tallied 164 yards on 58 carries, as well as 44 yards on seven receptions.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?