Report: Arizona Cardinals' Ryan Williams on the trade block
According to CBSSports.com's Jason LaCanfora, the team is shopping third-year pro Ryan Williams.
Williams, a 2011 second-round pick, has battled various medical setbacks, has been the subject of trade talks.
Indeed, Williams has struggled to stay healthy since being taken in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft, as the former Virginia Tech star suffered a ruptured patella tendon in the first preseason game of his rookie year and then a season-ending shoulder injury Week 5 of last season.
And given that the team replaced its coaching staff in January, this offseason stood as an important one for Williams' future in Arizona. However, he's battled knee soreness since early in training camp, and finally saw the field for the first time Saturday against the San Diego Chargers.
For his career, Williams has tallied 164 yards on 58 carries, as well as 44 yards on seven receptions.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.