Tight end Richard Quinn looking to catch on with Arizona Cardinals
The four-year veteran was cut by the Cincinnati Bengals Sunday and found a new home, signing with the Arizona Cardinals just two days later.
"Yeah, this is the first phone call I got," Quinn said following practice Tuesday. "I got here right away. I'm glad to be here, first day of practice I tried to get acclimated to everything."
Quinn says coming to Arizona is more than just a change of jersey color.
"I remember checking the weather before I got here, I just was curious to see about this Arizona temperature, and I was like 'wow!' My biggest thing is trying to stay hydrated and get acclimated to the weather," he said.
Quinn joins a group of Cardinals tight ends that are competing for jobs. Outside of starter Rob Housler, who injured an ankle during Saturday's loss to the San Diego Chargers, there is plenty of uncertainty on the depth chart.
"I'm just trying to compete, I'm not really worried about too much," Quinn said. "I'm just trying to learn the system as quickly as I can and get ready for the season."
It also didn't take long for the newest Cardinal to catch his coach's eye.
"He's a thumper, you know, a tight end blocker," head coach Bruce Arians said. "He caught a couple good balls at practice today, so he's got a chance."
Quinn played in two preseason games for the Bengals before his release, catching two passes for 19 yards.
In his NFL career, he has one receptions for nine yards.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Cardinals fans most excited to see division rivals
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.