Updated Aug 31, 2013 - 3:42 pm
Arizona Cardinals trim roster to 53
The Cardinals announced they have released tackle Jamaal Johnson-Webb, linebacker Kenny Rowe, defensive tackle Padric Scott, wide receiver Kerry Taylor and linebacker Reggie Walker.
In addition, the team placed tight end Jeff King (knee) and defensive tackle Ricky Lumpkin (shoulder) on the injured reserve.
Walker's release was no surprise, since the fifth-year veteran tweeted Friday that he was going to be cut.
Taylor, however, tweeted Friday that he was going to make the team.
As the Cardinals approached their final roster moves, the Arizona State product tweeted this message that seemed to contradict his earlier announcement.
What a difference 24 hours makes— Kerry Taylor (@KerryTaylor15) August 31, 2013
Taylor played in Cardinals final game of the 2012-2013 season and caught nine passes for 122 yards during this preseason.
The team's moves Saturday trimmed the active roster down to 53 players.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.