Updated Aug 31, 2013 - 3:42 pm
Arizona Cardinals trim roster to 53
The Cardinals announced they have released tackle Jamaal Johnson-Webb, linebacker Kenny Rowe, defensive tackle Padric Scott, wide receiver Kerry Taylor and linebacker Reggie Walker.
In addition, the team placed tight end Jeff King (knee) and defensive tackle Ricky Lumpkin (shoulder) on the injured reserve.
Walker's release was no surprise, since the fifth-year veteran tweeted Friday that he was going to be cut.
Taylor, however, tweeted Friday that he was going to make the team.
As the Cardinals approached their final roster moves, the Arizona State product tweeted this message that seemed to contradict his earlier announcement.
What a difference 24 hours makes— Kerry Taylor (@KerryTaylor15) August 31, 2013
Taylor played in Cardinals final game of the 2012-2013 season and caught nine passes for 122 yards during this preseason.
The team's moves Saturday trimmed the active roster down to 53 players.
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.