Updated Aug 31, 2013 - 3:42 pm
Arizona Cardinals trim roster to 53
The Cardinals announced they have released tackle Jamaal Johnson-Webb, linebacker Kenny Rowe, defensive tackle Padric Scott, wide receiver Kerry Taylor and linebacker Reggie Walker.
In addition, the team placed tight end Jeff King (knee) and defensive tackle Ricky Lumpkin (shoulder) on the injured reserve.
Walker's release was no surprise, since the fifth-year veteran tweeted Friday that he was going to be cut.
Taylor, however, tweeted Friday that he was going to make the team.
As the Cardinals approached their final roster moves, the Arizona State product tweeted this message that seemed to contradict his earlier announcement.
What a difference 24 hours makes— Kerry Taylor (@KerryTaylor15) August 31, 2013
Taylor played in Cardinals final game of the 2012-2013 season and caught nine passes for 122 yards during this preseason.
The team's moves Saturday trimmed the active roster down to 53 players.
- Arizona Cardinals: Wins meaningless without playoffs
- Carson Palmer needs a left tackle for Christmas, ESPN's Jaworski says
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 13Go inside the Film Room with Wolf to analyze the Cardinals-Titans matchup.
- Wolf's 5 Star NFL Game - Friday December 13What is the must-see NFL game of the weekend?
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 13Does Shanahan want out of DC? Will Rodgers play again this season? Can the Patriots survive without
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.