Updated Aug 31, 2013 - 3:42 pm
Arizona Cardinals trim roster to 53
The Cardinals announced they have released tackle Jamaal Johnson-Webb, linebacker Kenny Rowe, defensive tackle Padric Scott, wide receiver Kerry Taylor and linebacker Reggie Walker.
In addition, the team placed tight end Jeff King (knee) and defensive tackle Ricky Lumpkin (shoulder) on the injured reserve.
Walker's release was no surprise, since the fifth-year veteran tweeted Friday that he was going to be cut.
Taylor, however, tweeted Friday that he was going to make the team.
As the Cardinals approached their final roster moves, the Arizona State product tweeted this message that seemed to contradict his earlier announcement.
What a difference 24 hours makes— Kerry Taylor (@KerryTaylor15) August 31, 2013
Taylor played in Cardinals final game of the 2012-2013 season and caught nine passes for 122 yards during this preseason.
The team's moves Saturday trimmed the active roster down to 53 players.
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!