Updated Aug 31, 2013 - 3:42 pm
Arizona Cardinals trim roster to 53
The Cardinals announced they have released tackle Jamaal Johnson-Webb, linebacker Kenny Rowe, defensive tackle Padric Scott, wide receiver Kerry Taylor and linebacker Reggie Walker.
In addition, the team placed tight end Jeff King (knee) and defensive tackle Ricky Lumpkin (shoulder) on the injured reserve.
Walker's release was no surprise, since the fifth-year veteran tweeted Friday that he was going to be cut.
Taylor, however, tweeted Friday that he was going to make the team.
As the Cardinals approached their final roster moves, the Arizona State product tweeted this message that seemed to contradict his earlier announcement.
What a difference 24 hours makes— Kerry Taylor (@KerryTaylor15) August 31, 2013
Taylor played in Cardinals final game of the 2012-2013 season and caught nine passes for 122 yards during this preseason.
The team's moves Saturday trimmed the active roster down to 53 players.
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.