NFL writer King picks Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu to be Defensive Rookie of the Year
The third-round pick out of LSU does so with higher expectations than many had for him just a few months ago, with some, such as NFL writer Peter King, picking the "Honey Badger" to be the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2013.
Awards like this go to guys who make lots of plays. Mathieu has been diving all over Cards' practices, making circus interceptions and proving to the front office that it made a smart choice with this risky pick.
Mathieu finished the preseason with 12 total tackles, one sack and one pass defensed. He figures to get a substantial amount of playing time, as he can line up at safety and cornerback for Todd Bowles' defense.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials