NFL writer King picks Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu to be Defensive Rookie of the Year
The third-round pick out of LSU does so with higher expectations than many had for him just a few months ago, with some, such as NFL writer Peter King, picking the "Honey Badger" to be the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2013.
Awards like this go to guys who make lots of plays. Mathieu has been diving all over Cards' practices, making circus interceptions and proving to the front office that it made a smart choice with this risky pick.
Mathieu finished the preseason with 12 total tackles, one sack and one pass defensed. He figures to get a substantial amount of playing time, as he can line up at safety and cornerback for Todd Bowles' defense.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up