Running back Ryan Williams among Cardinals' inactives for Week 1
The Arizona Cardinals announced their inactives ahead of Sunday's Week 1 game against the St. Louis Rams, and the third-year running back along with cornerback Jamell Fleming, rookie linebacker Alex Okafor, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu, tackle Bobby Massie, rookie guard Earl Watford and tight end Rob Housler were among those to make the list.
Housler, who suffered a high ankle sprain in the team's preseason game back on Aug. 24, is the only player inactive due to injury.
In all, the Cardinals will dress all three quarterbacks and four of their five running backs. Eight of 10 offensive lineman will also be in uniform, including Bradley Sowell, who the team claimed off of waivers last week.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.