Updated Sep 10, 2013 - 12:16 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Arians focused on fixing issues, getting ready for Lions
On The Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta on Arizona Sports 620 Monday, Arians talked about some of the things he's hoping to fix from the game as well as previewed some of the key matchups against the Lions.
"When we leave the building today at 5 o'clock, I want everything corrected from this game," Arians said. "That's our coaches' job, that's our players' job."
Aside from the offensive line troubles that have already been well documented, one area that needs fixing according to Arians is putting pressure on the quarterback.
"We had good inside pressure, it's the outside pass rushers that need to stick to their techniques and do what they do best," Arians said. "Don't try to create on the run someone you're not. We were a little bit out of sync on who we were in that ballgame."
When asked about the Lions, Arians first mentioned Detroit's imposing defensive line, consisting of rookie Ezekial Ansah, Nick Fairly and Ndamukong Suh, who received a hefty suspension from the NFL for a hit during his team's Week 1 win over Minnesota.
Arians also talked planning for running back Reggie Bush, who's coming off a great all-around performance in week one and is used in a multitude of ways by the Lions.
"They have those great wide receivers and you're going to double-team them a lot so you're going to have Reggie sitting there one-on-one and that's the type of running game they want," Arians explained.
Between Bush and All-Pro wide receiver Calvin Johnson, the Cardinals defense will have their hands full against the Lions, who defeated the Minnesota Vikings 34-24 on Sunday.
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 27, 2014
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.