ESPN analyst: Arizona Cardinals' Levi Brown is not 'fixable' right now
And that's putting it nicely.
Brown surrendered three sacks to Rams defensive end Robert Quinn, two of which resulted in Carson Palmer fumbles.
"It seemed whenever there was a critical play in the game, it was Levi getting beat," ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Thursday. "I think some of the onus to correct those things, obviously, Bruce Arians has to address it."
Jaworski said the coaching staff needs to understand that Brown will need help, meaning the team will have to keep a tight end or running back in to help block.
Doing that, though, forces Arians to adjust his game plan, limiting what the offense could attempt.
The question is not if Brown was bad, but whether or not the 29-year-old, former first round pick will get better. Having missed all of last season due to an injury, it's possible some rust needs to be shaken off.
However, Jaworski doesn't believe better days are on the way.
"I don't think it's fixable right now, I really don't," he said. "I don't know how you make a person's feet get quicker at this point in their career."
Jaworski noticed other issues in Brown's performance, and wonders how someone who is receiving as much coaching as the left tackle must be could have so many issues.
Yet, unless something drastic happens, Jaworski believes having Brown at left tackle will lead to bad things for Arizona.
"When you become a turnstyle and everyone is looking at that tape right now, saying, 'Man, I can't wait until we play the Arizona Cardinals,'" he said. "Guys are salivating to get to that side on the defensive end position or the linebacker position because they know they're going to make All-Pro in these few games."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Carson Palmer shines in win over St. Louis Rams
- Arizona Cardinals fear Tyrann Mathieu suffered ACL injury in win over Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?