ESPN analyst: Arizona Cardinals' Levi Brown is not 'fixable' right now
And that's putting it nicely.
Brown surrendered three sacks to Rams defensive end Robert Quinn, two of which resulted in Carson Palmer fumbles.
"It seemed whenever there was a critical play in the game, it was Levi getting beat," ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Thursday. "I think some of the onus to correct those things, obviously, Bruce Arians has to address it."
Jaworski said the coaching staff needs to understand that Brown will need help, meaning the team will have to keep a tight end or running back in to help block.
Doing that, though, forces Arians to adjust his game plan, limiting what the offense could attempt.
The question is not if Brown was bad, but whether or not the 29-year-old, former first round pick will get better. Having missed all of last season due to an injury, it's possible some rust needs to be shaken off.
However, Jaworski doesn't believe better days are on the way.
"I don't think it's fixable right now, I really don't," he said. "I don't know how you make a person's feet get quicker at this point in their career."
Jaworski noticed other issues in Brown's performance, and wonders how someone who is receiving as much coaching as the left tackle must be could have so many issues.
Yet, unless something drastic happens, Jaworski believes having Brown at left tackle will lead to bad things for Arizona.
"When you become a turnstyle and everyone is looking at that tape right now, saying, 'Man, I can't wait until we play the Arizona Cardinals,'" he said. "Guys are salivating to get to that side on the defensive end position or the linebacker position because they know they're going to make All-Pro in these few games."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.