ESPN analyst: Arizona Cardinals' Levi Brown is not 'fixable' right now
And that's putting it nicely.
Brown surrendered three sacks to Rams defensive end Robert Quinn, two of which resulted in Carson Palmer fumbles.
"It seemed whenever there was a critical play in the game, it was Levi getting beat," ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Thursday. "I think some of the onus to correct those things, obviously, Bruce Arians has to address it."
Jaworski said the coaching staff needs to understand that Brown will need help, meaning the team will have to keep a tight end or running back in to help block.
Doing that, though, forces Arians to adjust his game plan, limiting what the offense could attempt.
The question is not if Brown was bad, but whether or not the 29-year-old, former first round pick will get better. Having missed all of last season due to an injury, it's possible some rust needs to be shaken off.
However, Jaworski doesn't believe better days are on the way.
"I don't think it's fixable right now, I really don't," he said. "I don't know how you make a person's feet get quicker at this point in their career."
Jaworski noticed other issues in Brown's performance, and wonders how someone who is receiving as much coaching as the left tackle must be could have so many issues.
Yet, unless something drastic happens, Jaworski believes having Brown at left tackle will lead to bad things for Arizona.
"When you become a turnstyle and everyone is looking at that tape right now, saying, 'Man, I can't wait until we play the Arizona Cardinals,'" he said. "Guys are salivating to get to that side on the defensive end position or the linebacker position because they know they're going to make All-Pro in these few games."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson on contract extension: 'I haven't had my reality check just yet'
- The Floyd Factor
- Patrick Peterson becomes highest paid CB, Richard Sherman has something to say (tweet)
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.