Arizona Cardinals' Fanaika excited for challenge against Lions D-line
While Fanaika said he's always working on improving his game, he realizes this week is a special opportunity to push himself to get ready for two very talented players.
"What makes them special to me is their ability to make plays, whether it's using their athleticism or their strength to get off blocks to make plays," Fanaika said of the pair. "Just being disruptive, disrupting the pocket and affecting the quarterback's throwing rhythm."
Fairley, who's in his third season, and Suh, who's in his fourth, have been prolific in their young careers, combining for 30 sacks already. Fanaika doesn't think they're impossible to block though.
"Going to have to be close to a perfect game, but they're blockable guys," Fanaika said. "They're not going to be easy but it can be done."
Fanaika also said this will be a benchmark matchup for him, adding, "These guys are the best d-tackles so it's definitely exciting, especially getting a challenge like this early in the year. It's definitely exciting, very exciting for me."
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.