Arizona Cardinals' Fanaika excited for challenge against Lions D-line
While Fanaika said he's always working on improving his game, he realizes this week is a special opportunity to push himself to get ready for two very talented players.
"What makes them special to me is their ability to make plays, whether it's using their athleticism or their strength to get off blocks to make plays," Fanaika said of the pair. "Just being disruptive, disrupting the pocket and affecting the quarterback's throwing rhythm."
Fairley, who's in his third season, and Suh, who's in his fourth, have been prolific in their young careers, combining for 30 sacks already. Fanaika doesn't think they're impossible to block though.
"Going to have to be close to a perfect game, but they're blockable guys," Fanaika said. "They're not going to be easy but it can be done."
Fanaika also said this will be a benchmark matchup for him, adding, "These guys are the best d-tackles so it's definitely exciting, especially getting a challenge like this early in the year. It's definitely exciting, very exciting for me."
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?