Arizona Cardinals' Fanaika excited for challenge against Lions D-line
While Fanaika said he's always working on improving his game, he realizes this week is a special opportunity to push himself to get ready for two very talented players.
"What makes them special to me is their ability to make plays, whether it's using their athleticism or their strength to get off blocks to make plays," Fanaika said of the pair. "Just being disruptive, disrupting the pocket and affecting the quarterback's throwing rhythm."
Fairley, who's in his third season, and Suh, who's in his fourth, have been prolific in their young careers, combining for 30 sacks already. Fanaika doesn't think they're impossible to block though.
"Going to have to be close to a perfect game, but they're blockable guys," Fanaika said. "They're not going to be easy but it can be done."
Fanaika also said this will be a benchmark matchup for him, adding, "These guys are the best d-tackles so it's definitely exciting, especially getting a challenge like this early in the year. It's definitely exciting, very exciting for me."
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!