Updated Sep 15, 2013 - 12:19 pm
Larry Fitzgerald active for Arizona Cardinals' home opener
Fortunately for the Cardinals, there will not be a fifth occurrence Sunday.
Fitzgerald, limited in practice after he "tweaked" his hamstring, according to head coach Bruce Arians, is in uniform and will play in the home opener Sunday against the Detroit Lions.
Fitzgerald, who last missed a game in 2007, had been officially listed as questionable.
So while the question of whether or not he would play has been answered, the question now becomes how much he'll play.
The Cardinals may have tipped their hand somewhat concerning Fitzgerald's health with the elevation of Kerry Taylor, the former Chandler Hamilton High and Arizona State Sun Devil, from the practice squad to the 53-man roster on Saturday.
With the addition of Taylor, the Cardinals will dress five receivers in Week 2.
Meanwhile, tight end Rob Housler will miss a second straight game because of a high ankle sprain he suffered in the preseason finale.
The Cardinals' other inactives for Sunday's game:
QB Ryan Lindley
RB Ryan Williams
LB Alex Okafor
NT Alameda Ta'amu
OT Bobby Massie
OG Earl Watford
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Carson Palmer shines in win over St. Louis Rams
- Arizona Cardinals fear Tyrann Mathieu suffered ACL injury in win over Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?