Updated Sep 15, 2013 - 12:19 pm
Larry Fitzgerald active for Arizona Cardinals' home opener
Fortunately for the Cardinals, there will not be a fifth occurrence Sunday.
Fitzgerald, limited in practice after he "tweaked" his hamstring, according to head coach Bruce Arians, is in uniform and will play in the home opener Sunday against the Detroit Lions.
Fitzgerald, who last missed a game in 2007, had been officially listed as questionable.
So while the question of whether or not he would play has been answered, the question now becomes how much he'll play.
The Cardinals may have tipped their hand somewhat concerning Fitzgerald's health with the elevation of Kerry Taylor, the former Chandler Hamilton High and Arizona State Sun Devil, from the practice squad to the 53-man roster on Saturday.
With the addition of Taylor, the Cardinals will dress five receivers in Week 2.
Meanwhile, tight end Rob Housler will miss a second straight game because of a high ankle sprain he suffered in the preseason finale.
The Cardinals' other inactives for Sunday's game:
QB Ryan Lindley
RB Ryan Williams
LB Alex Okafor
NT Alameda Ta'amu
OT Bobby Massie
OG Earl Watford
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.