Updated Sep 22, 2013 - 12:55 pm
Cardinals DT Williams' father dies in accident
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Arizona Cardinals starting defensive tackle Dan Williams is not with the team for Sunday's game against the New Orleans Saints because he was excused for the death of his father, who was killed in a car wreck.
Team spokesman Mark Dalton says Thomas Williams was en route from the family's home in Memphis to New Orleans, with plans to see his son play in Sunday's game, when the accident occurred in the vicinity of Jackson, Miss.
Dalton says the team did not have details on precisely when the accident occurred, only that Williams received word before the Cardinals traveled to New Orleans on Saturday.
Dalton says Dan William's mother and sister also were in the car and were both hospitalized, but are expected to recover from their injuries.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.