Updated Sep 22, 2013 - 12:55 pm
Cardinals DT Williams' father dies in accident
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Arizona Cardinals starting defensive tackle Dan Williams is not with the team for Sunday's game against the New Orleans Saints because he was excused for the death of his father, who was killed in a car wreck.
Team spokesman Mark Dalton says Thomas Williams was en route from the family's home in Memphis to New Orleans, with plans to see his son play in Sunday's game, when the accident occurred in the vicinity of Jackson, Miss.
Dalton says the team did not have details on precisely when the accident occurred, only that Williams received word before the Cardinals traveled to New Orleans on Saturday.
Dalton says Dan William's mother and sister also were in the car and were both hospitalized, but are expected to recover from their injuries.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!