Updated Sep 22, 2013 - 12:55 pm
Cardinals DT Williams' father dies in accident
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Arizona Cardinals starting defensive tackle Dan Williams is not with the team for Sunday's game against the New Orleans Saints because he was excused for the death of his father, who was killed in a car wreck.
Team spokesman Mark Dalton says Thomas Williams was en route from the family's home in Memphis to New Orleans, with plans to see his son play in Sunday's game, when the accident occurred in the vicinity of Jackson, Miss.
Dalton says the team did not have details on precisely when the accident occurred, only that Williams received word before the Cardinals traveled to New Orleans on Saturday.
Dalton says Dan William's mother and sister also were in the car and were both hospitalized, but are expected to recover from their injuries.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?