Updated Sep 22, 2013 - 9:16 pm
Cardinals' coach Bruce Arians on injuries: We're probably going to lose a few guys for the season
Both special teams standout/outside linebacker Lorenzo Alexander (right foot) and safety Rashad Johnson (finger) left the contest in the first half. And, outside linebacker Sam Acho had to be carted back to the locker room with an ankle injury in the third quarter.
So, when asked by Arizona Sports 620's Paul Calvisi about where his team's focus will be going into a Week 4 matchup with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers next Sunday, Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians didn't talk X's and O's. Instead, he turned his attention to the health of his players.
"The biggest thing will be to overcome the injuries and to get young players ready to play and the replacements that are now starters," Arians said. "I'm pretty sure we're going to lose a couple of guys probably for the season.
"We'll wait until Wednesday to see how that goes with the X-rays and everything."
Arians didn't specify which starters could be lost for the season, but any of the three could significantly alter their respective units.
Alexander, a Pro Bowler in 2012, has four tackles and a pass deflection in 2013.
Acho also has four tackles and added a sack in Sunday's loss.
Johnson, a first-year starter, has 13 tackles this season.
"We have to regroup. Change has not been good to us," said Arians. "I've already challenged our guys to accept the change of this week, being in Florida practicing and dedicating everything they've got to come out of here 2-2. We can still reach our goals."
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!