Cardinals' Johnson loses part of finger during game
Arizona Cardinals safety Rashad Johnson lost part of his left middle finger during the team's loss to the New Orleans Saints on Sunday.
@PaulPabst lost top portion of it. Had exposed bone and skin shaved down yesterday and stitched up. Prob most painful injury I've had.— Rashad Johnson (@49foyamind49) September 23, 2013
ESPN's Adam Schefter tweeted out shortly after that Johnson is unsure when the injury happened but thinks it was on a punt return.
Cardinals S Rashad Johnson unsure when he lost top portion of his finger. Thinks it was on a punt return, but needs to watch film.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 23, 2013
Someone on Twitter asked Johnson to send a twitpic of his finger and Johnson tweeted back that's probably not something you want to see.
The team is in Florida for the week in preparations for their game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday, and general manager Steve Keim says Johnson is with them.
"Rashad's actually on his way to the hotel right now, I think he may even be at the hotel right now and our medical staff will have the first opportunity to look at him," Keim told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Monday morning. "He's tough and I think he'll be ready to go this week and from what I understand, he could be potentially in a day-to-day situation."
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Arizona Cardinals agree to terms with Oakland Raiders LT Jared Veldheer
- Arizona Cardinals react to Karlos Dansby's departure
- Arizona Cardinals to lose LB Karlos Dansby to Cleveland Browns
- Karlos Dansby attracting many suitors for his services
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?