Cardinals' Johnson loses part of finger during game
Arizona Cardinals safety Rashad Johnson lost part of his left middle finger during the team's loss to the New Orleans Saints on Sunday.
@PaulPabst lost top portion of it. Had exposed bone and skin shaved down yesterday and stitched up. Prob most painful injury I've had.— Rashad Johnson (@49foyamind49) September 23, 2013
ESPN's Adam Schefter tweeted out shortly after that Johnson is unsure when the injury happened but thinks it was on a punt return.
Cardinals S Rashad Johnson unsure when he lost top portion of his finger. Thinks it was on a punt return, but needs to watch film.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 23, 2013
Someone on Twitter asked Johnson to send a twitpic of his finger and Johnson tweeted back that's probably not something you want to see.
The team is in Florida for the week in preparations for their game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday, and general manager Steve Keim says Johnson is with them.
"Rashad's actually on his way to the hotel right now, I think he may even be at the hotel right now and our medical staff will have the first opportunity to look at him," Keim told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Monday morning. "He's tough and I think he'll be ready to go this week and from what I understand, he could be potentially in a day-to-day situation."
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.