Cardinals' Johnson loses part of finger during game
Arizona Cardinals safety Rashad Johnson lost part of his left middle finger during the team's loss to the New Orleans Saints on Sunday.
@PaulPabst lost top portion of it. Had exposed bone and skin shaved down yesterday and stitched up. Prob most painful injury I've had.— Rashad Johnson (@49foyamind49) September 23, 2013
ESPN's Adam Schefter tweeted out shortly after that Johnson is unsure when the injury happened but thinks it was on a punt return.
Cardinals S Rashad Johnson unsure when he lost top portion of his finger. Thinks it was on a punt return, but needs to watch film.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 23, 2013
Someone on Twitter asked Johnson to send a twitpic of his finger and Johnson tweeted back that's probably not something you want to see.
The team is in Florida for the week in preparations for their game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday, and general manager Steve Keim says Johnson is with them.
"Rashad's actually on his way to the hotel right now, I think he may even be at the hotel right now and our medical staff will have the first opportunity to look at him," Keim told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Monday morning. "He's tough and I think he'll be ready to go this week and from what I understand, he could be potentially in a day-to-day situation."
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?