Cardinals' Johnson loses part of finger during game
Arizona Cardinals safety Rashad Johnson lost part of his left middle finger during the team's loss to the New Orleans Saints on Sunday.
@PaulPabst lost top portion of it. Had exposed bone and skin shaved down yesterday and stitched up. Prob most painful injury I've had.— Rashad Johnson (@49foyamind49) September 23, 2013
ESPN's Adam Schefter tweeted out shortly after that Johnson is unsure when the injury happened but thinks it was on a punt return.
Cardinals S Rashad Johnson unsure when he lost top portion of his finger. Thinks it was on a punt return, but needs to watch film.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 23, 2013
Someone on Twitter asked Johnson to send a twitpic of his finger and Johnson tweeted back that's probably not something you want to see.
The team is in Florida for the week in preparations for their game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday, and general manager Steve Keim says Johnson is with them.
"Rashad's actually on his way to the hotel right now, I think he may even be at the hotel right now and our medical staff will have the first opportunity to look at him," Keim told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Monday morning. "He's tough and I think he'll be ready to go this week and from what I understand, he could be potentially in a day-to-day situation."
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?