Updated Sep 23, 2013 - 11:34 am
Arizona Cardinals lose Sam Acho, Lorenzo Alexander for season
Head coach Bruce Arians announced Monday linebackers Lorenzo Alexander and Sam Acho will be placed on injured reserve due after injuries sustained during the 31-7 loss to the Saints. Each will miss the remainder of the season.
"We'll make decisions on where we'll go with the roster in the next couple of days in replacing those guys," Arians said. "Obviously they are core people.
"Their energy will be missed as much as their play. They're both high energy guys and that part of it, as a football team, that's going to be hard to replaced."
Alexander suffered a right foot injury in the first quarter while Acho went down early in the third quarter.
Alexander was signed by the Cardinals prior to the season, finishes his campaign with four tackles and one pass defensed. Acho, who is in his third year with the team, tallied five total tackles, one sack and one forced fumble.
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.