Updated Sep 23, 2013 - 11:34 am
Arizona Cardinals lose Sam Acho, Lorenzo Alexander for season
Head coach Bruce Arians announced Monday linebackers Lorenzo Alexander and Sam Acho will be placed on injured reserve due after injuries sustained during the 31-7 loss to the Saints. Each will miss the remainder of the season.
"We'll make decisions on where we'll go with the roster in the next couple of days in replacing those guys," Arians said. "Obviously they are core people.
"Their energy will be missed as much as their play. They're both high energy guys and that part of it, as a football team, that's going to be hard to replaced."
Alexander suffered a right foot injury in the first quarter while Acho went down early in the third quarter.
Alexander was signed by the Cardinals prior to the season, finishes his campaign with four tackles and one pass defensed. Acho, who is in his third year with the team, tallied five total tackles, one sack and one forced fumble.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.