Updated Sep 23, 2013 - 11:34 am
Arizona Cardinals lose Sam Acho, Lorenzo Alexander for season
Head coach Bruce Arians announced Monday linebackers Lorenzo Alexander and Sam Acho will be placed on injured reserve due after injuries sustained during the 31-7 loss to the Saints. Each will miss the remainder of the season.
"We'll make decisions on where we'll go with the roster in the next couple of days in replacing those guys," Arians said. "Obviously they are core people.
"Their energy will be missed as much as their play. They're both high energy guys and that part of it, as a football team, that's going to be hard to replaced."
Alexander suffered a right foot injury in the first quarter while Acho went down early in the third quarter.
Alexander was signed by the Cardinals prior to the season, finishes his campaign with four tackles and one pass defensed. Acho, who is in his third year with the team, tallied five total tackles, one sack and one forced fumble.
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!