Arizona Cardinals to be without DT Dan Williams for second straight game
Williams' mother and sister were in the car as well, but they survived the accident.
The younger Williams did not make the trip to New Orleans with the team, and understandably has spent this time away from football.
Wednesday, Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirmed his player would not be back for Sunday's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
"The funeral is set for Saturday, and we will not have Dan this week," he said.
A first-round pick in the 2010 NFL Draft out of Tennessee, Williams has tallied 103 combined tackles along with one fumble recovery and one interception in his career, all of which has been spent in Arizona.
The Arizona Cardinals Broadcast Department contributed to this report
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.