Updated Sep 26, 2013 - 11:50 am
Cardinals' Okafor disappointed about lost season, opportunity
Despite the injury, Okafor, a fourth round draft pick out of Texas, remains optimistic.
"I was a little disappointed, it was my opportunity to kind of step in and help the team out but unfortunate things happen," Okafor said. "It's in the past and I just got to look forward to next season."
Okafor added he could have tried to play through the injury but decided it was in his best interest to have the surgery.
"At this point in my career, it wasn't worth playing through," Okafor said. "I still have a lot of football left in me and I don't want that to be a hampering injury throughout my career."
The injury occurred during Sunday's game against the New Orleans Saints on a special teams play. Okafor attempted to grab an opposing player, but the Saint, "kind of ran through my arm, kind of overextended it and it popped." He said the adrenaline numbed the pain until after the game, at which point he knew something was wrong.
The Arizona Cardinals Broadcast Department contributed to this report
- Patrick Peterson becomes highest paid CB, Richard Sherman has something to say (tweet)
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b