Updated Sep 26, 2013 - 8:12 am
Arizona Cardinals sign LB Zack Nash to practice squad
In last Sunday's loss to the New Orleans Saints, the Cardinals lost outside linebackers Lorenzo Alexander and Sam Acho to season-ending injuries. It was announced Tuesday that rookie outside linebacker Alex Okafor would miss the remainder of the year with a biceps tendon injury.
The team has already elevated linebackers Kenny Demens and Dontay Moch to the 53-man roster, leaving spots open on the practice squad.
Nash, an undrafted free agent from Sacramento State, played eight games with the Cardinals last season, primarily on special teams. The 6-foot-4, 260-pound Nash had five tackles on kick coverage a year ago. He was released by the Cardinals August 30.
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.