Report: Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington to face more league discipline
Washington, who had a career-best 134 tackles with nine sacks last season, has missed the team's first four games due to violating the NFL's policy on substance abuse.
However, just as he's set to return, ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter reported that this will not be the last time Washington misses games due to suspension.
Cards LB Daryl Washington returns from 4-game suspension; faces more discipline next season from alleged domestic incident w/ ex-girlfriend.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 1, 2013
Washington was arrested and booked on two counts of aggravated assault on May 3 after an incident which occurred on May 1. According to the police report, Washington's ex-girlfriend claimed to have been grabbed by the throat and shoved to the ground by Washington during an argument. She suffered bruising as well as a broken clavicle.
Washington pleaded "not guilty" on May 20, and is scheduled to appear in court again Oct. 9.
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.