Report: Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington to face more league discipline
Washington, who had a career-best 134 tackles with nine sacks last season, has missed the team's first four games due to violating the NFL's policy on substance abuse.
However, just as he's set to return, ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter reported that this will not be the last time Washington misses games due to suspension.
Cards LB Daryl Washington returns from 4-game suspension; faces more discipline next season from alleged domestic incident w/ ex-girlfriend.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 1, 2013
Washington was arrested and booked on two counts of aggravated assault on May 3 after an incident which occurred on May 1. According to the police report, Washington's ex-girlfriend claimed to have been grabbed by the throat and shoved to the ground by Washington during an argument. She suffered bruising as well as a broken clavicle.
Washington pleaded "not guilty" on May 20, and is scheduled to appear in court again Oct. 9.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.