Updated Oct 2, 2013 - 8:46 am
Arizona Cardinals trade Levi Brown to Pittsburgh Steelers
The Arizona Cardinals have traded left tackle Levi Brown to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
ProFootballTalk reports the deal has been agreed to pending a physical.
Steelers and Cardinals have agreed to a trade that will send LT Levi Brown. Done deal, pending physical.— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) October 2, 2013
It is not immediately known what the Cardinals will get in return.
CBS' Jason LaCanfora believes the Cardinals will receive a late-round pick from Pittsburgh.
Hearing it will be a late round pick going from PIT and AZ for Levi Brown. Brown's contract will remain as is. Makes $4.75M this year...— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) October 2, 2013
Getting anything in return for Brown was a bit of a coup, according to our own Paul Calvisi.
On reports Levi Brown trade brings late round pick from Steelers, sources say #Cards "were prepared to cut Levi." Also, savings of about $1M— Paul Calvisi (@PaulCalvisi) October 2, 2013
Bradley Sowell, who was signed September 1 after being released by the Indianapolis Colts, may get the start in place of Brown on the Arizona's offensive line this Sunday when the Cardinals host Carolina.
After Levi Brown trade, sources say Bradley Sowell will start at LT. On whether Sowell is an upgrade, source says: "No worse, more effort."— Paul Calvisi (@PaulCalvisi) October 2, 2013
Brown was a first-round draft pick (fifth overall) out of Penn State by the Cardinals in 2007 and started his career at right tackle. The 29-year-old became Arizona's starting left tackle in 2010.
In all, Brown played in 81 regular-season games as a Cardinal, starting 79. He also started six postseason games, including Super Bowl XLIII.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?