Updated Oct 2, 2013 - 8:46 am
Arizona Cardinals trade Levi Brown to Pittsburgh Steelers
The Arizona Cardinals have traded left tackle Levi Brown to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
ProFootballTalk reports the deal has been agreed to pending a physical.
Steelers and Cardinals have agreed to a trade that will send LT Levi Brown. Done deal, pending physical.— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) October 2, 2013
It is not immediately known what the Cardinals will get in return.
CBS' Jason LaCanfora believes the Cardinals will receive a late-round pick from Pittsburgh.
Hearing it will be a late round pick going from PIT and AZ for Levi Brown. Brown's contract will remain as is. Makes $4.75M this year...— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) October 2, 2013
Getting anything in return for Brown was a bit of a coup, according to our own Paul Calvisi.
On reports Levi Brown trade brings late round pick from Steelers, sources say #Cards "were prepared to cut Levi." Also, savings of about $1M— Paul Calvisi (@PaulCalvisi) October 2, 2013
Bradley Sowell, who was signed September 1 after being released by the Indianapolis Colts, may get the start in place of Brown on the Arizona's offensive line this Sunday when the Cardinals host Carolina.
After Levi Brown trade, sources say Bradley Sowell will start at LT. On whether Sowell is an upgrade, source says: "No worse, more effort."— Paul Calvisi (@PaulCalvisi) October 2, 2013
Brown was a first-round draft pick (fifth overall) out of Penn State by the Cardinals in 2007 and started his career at right tackle. The 29-year-old became Arizona's starting left tackle in 2010.
In all, Brown played in 81 regular-season games as a Cardinal, starting 79. He also started six postseason games, including Super Bowl XLIII.
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.