Updated Oct 2, 2013 - 8:46 am
Arizona Cardinals trade Levi Brown to Pittsburgh Steelers
The Arizona Cardinals have traded left tackle Levi Brown to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
ProFootballTalk reports the deal has been agreed to pending a physical.
Steelers and Cardinals have agreed to a trade that will send LT Levi Brown. Done deal, pending physical.— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) October 2, 2013
It is not immediately known what the Cardinals will get in return.
CBS' Jason LaCanfora believes the Cardinals will receive a late-round pick from Pittsburgh.
Hearing it will be a late round pick going from PIT and AZ for Levi Brown. Brown's contract will remain as is. Makes $4.75M this year...— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) October 2, 2013
Getting anything in return for Brown was a bit of a coup, according to our own Paul Calvisi.
On reports Levi Brown trade brings late round pick from Steelers, sources say #Cards "were prepared to cut Levi." Also, savings of about $1M— Paul Calvisi (@PaulCalvisi) October 2, 2013
Bradley Sowell, who was signed September 1 after being released by the Indianapolis Colts, may get the start in place of Brown on the Arizona's offensive line this Sunday when the Cardinals host Carolina.
After Levi Brown trade, sources say Bradley Sowell will start at LT. On whether Sowell is an upgrade, source says: "No worse, more effort."— Paul Calvisi (@PaulCalvisi) October 2, 2013
Brown was a first-round draft pick (fifth overall) out of Penn State by the Cardinals in 2007 and started his career at right tackle. The 29-year-old became Arizona's starting left tackle in 2010.
In all, Brown played in 81 regular-season games as a Cardinal, starting 79. He also started six postseason games, including Super Bowl XLIII.
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.