Updated Oct 2, 2013 - 8:46 am
Arizona Cardinals trade Levi Brown to Pittsburgh Steelers
The Arizona Cardinals have traded left tackle Levi Brown to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
ProFootballTalk reports the deal has been agreed to pending a physical.
Steelers and Cardinals have agreed to a trade that will send LT Levi Brown. Done deal, pending physical.— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) October 2, 2013
It is not immediately known what the Cardinals will get in return.
CBS' Jason LaCanfora believes the Cardinals will receive a late-round pick from Pittsburgh.
Hearing it will be a late round pick going from PIT and AZ for Levi Brown. Brown's contract will remain as is. Makes $4.75M this year...— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) October 2, 2013
Getting anything in return for Brown was a bit of a coup, according to our own Paul Calvisi.
On reports Levi Brown trade brings late round pick from Steelers, sources say #Cards "were prepared to cut Levi." Also, savings of about $1M— Paul Calvisi (@PaulCalvisi) October 2, 2013
Bradley Sowell, who was signed September 1 after being released by the Indianapolis Colts, may get the start in place of Brown on the Arizona's offensive line this Sunday when the Cardinals host Carolina.
After Levi Brown trade, sources say Bradley Sowell will start at LT. On whether Sowell is an upgrade, source says: "No worse, more effort."— Paul Calvisi (@PaulCalvisi) October 2, 2013
Brown was a first-round draft pick (fifth overall) out of Penn State by the Cardinals in 2007 and started his career at right tackle. The 29-year-old became Arizona's starting left tackle in 2010.
In all, Brown played in 81 regular-season games as a Cardinal, starting 79. He also started six postseason games, including Super Bowl XLIII.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?