Updated Oct 2, 2013 - 8:46 am
Arizona Cardinals trade Levi Brown to Pittsburgh Steelers
The Arizona Cardinals have traded left tackle Levi Brown to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
ProFootballTalk reports the deal has been agreed to pending a physical.
Steelers and Cardinals have agreed to a trade that will send LT Levi Brown. Done deal, pending physical.— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) October 2, 2013
It is not immediately known what the Cardinals will get in return.
CBS' Jason LaCanfora believes the Cardinals will receive a late-round pick from Pittsburgh.
Hearing it will be a late round pick going from PIT and AZ for Levi Brown. Brown's contract will remain as is. Makes $4.75M this year...— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) October 2, 2013
Getting anything in return for Brown was a bit of a coup, according to our own Paul Calvisi.
On reports Levi Brown trade brings late round pick from Steelers, sources say #Cards "were prepared to cut Levi." Also, savings of about $1M— Paul Calvisi (@PaulCalvisi) October 2, 2013
Bradley Sowell, who was signed September 1 after being released by the Indianapolis Colts, may get the start in place of Brown on the Arizona's offensive line this Sunday when the Cardinals host Carolina.
After Levi Brown trade, sources say Bradley Sowell will start at LT. On whether Sowell is an upgrade, source says: "No worse, more effort."— Paul Calvisi (@PaulCalvisi) October 2, 2013
Brown was a first-round draft pick (fifth overall) out of Penn State by the Cardinals in 2007 and started his career at right tackle. The 29-year-old became Arizona's starting left tackle in 2010.
In all, Brown played in 81 regular-season games as a Cardinal, starting 79. He also started six postseason games, including Super Bowl XLIII.
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.