Arizona Cardinals release receiver Kerry Taylor
They were his first career NFL receptions.
He has not caught a pass since, and Tuesday the team announced it has released the former Arizona State Sun Devil.
Along with the Cardinals, the 24-year-old Taylor has spent time with the Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, San Francisco 49ers and Minnesota Vikings.
The Cardinals parted with Taylor to make room for receiver Brittan Golden to be elevated from the practice squad to the 53-man active roster.
Golden, who joined the team's practice squad on Sept. 17, finished second in West Texas A&M school history with 3,007 receiving yards and fifth with 165 receptions. He also scored 33 touchdowns.
Arizona also signed linebacker Orie Lemon to its practice squad while releasing linebacker Bruce Taylor and receiver Devon Wylie from their practice squad.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.