Arizona Cardinals release receiver Kerry Taylor
They were his first career NFL receptions.
He has not caught a pass since, and Tuesday the team announced it has released the former Arizona State Sun Devil.
Along with the Cardinals, the 24-year-old Taylor has spent time with the Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, San Francisco 49ers and Minnesota Vikings.
The Cardinals parted with Taylor to make room for receiver Brittan Golden to be elevated from the practice squad to the 53-man active roster.
Golden, who joined the team's practice squad on Sept. 17, finished second in West Texas A&M school history with 3,007 receiving yards and fifth with 165 receptions. He also scored 33 touchdowns.
Arizona also signed linebacker Orie Lemon to its practice squad while releasing linebacker Bruce Taylor and receiver Devon Wylie from their practice squad.
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?