Arizona Cardinals release receiver Kerry Taylor
They were his first career NFL receptions.
He has not caught a pass since, and Tuesday the team announced it has released the former Arizona State Sun Devil.
Along with the Cardinals, the 24-year-old Taylor has spent time with the Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, San Francisco 49ers and Minnesota Vikings.
The Cardinals parted with Taylor to make room for receiver Brittan Golden to be elevated from the practice squad to the 53-man active roster.
Golden, who joined the team's practice squad on Sept. 17, finished second in West Texas A&M school history with 3,007 receiving yards and fifth with 165 receptions. He also scored 33 touchdowns.
Arizona also signed linebacker Orie Lemon to its practice squad while releasing linebacker Bruce Taylor and receiver Devon Wylie from their practice squad.
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?