Updated Oct 9, 2013 - 8:30 am
Arizona Cardinals' Bruce Arians doesn't want to be included in Hard Knocks
The show recently concluded its eighth season, with the Cincinnati Bengals as the focus of the program.
Earlier this week, the NFL announced they'll be able to force teams to participate in future seasons of the program should no franchise volunteer to be featured.
Arizona Cardinals' head coach Bruce Arians wants nothing to do with it.
"I think it's a total distraction, and I think it's an embarrassment to players," Arians said in an interview on SiriusXM NFL Radio. "I think when players are released, some of the things that are said between coaches and players are too personal, and nobody else's business."
The league did offer exemptions to teams to allow them to avoid being picked. Teams with first-year head coaches, teams that have been in the postseason at least once in the last two seasons and teams that have been featured on Hard Knocks in the last decade would be exempt.
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves