Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll: Week 6
2) DENVER BRONCOS (2): Super Bowl champions never allow 48 points...actually two have, but you get my point.
3) KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (5): 1st in sacks, 3rd in INTs, allows only three 3rd down conversions per game and league-leading +10 in T/O ratio...already only team in history to go 5-0 after losing 14 games and now getting three straight home games.
4)INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (10): Let's see how prime-time attention is handled after two huge wins (MNF in San Diego then SNF for Peyton's return)...how does the Richardson trade look now?
5) SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (1): Interesting to be the second-best rushing team in football, yet your QB gets sacked more often than you sack their QB...could be staring at a SIX-game winning streak.
6) NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (4): Only the Jags are worse at converting red zone possessions to TDs...went from NFL-best 70% last year to 33% this year.
7) SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (11): If it wasn't for Tampa Bay, this would be the worst passing offense in football...Alex Smith QB rating = 83.7 versus Kaepernick's 81.9.
8) CINCINNATI BENGALS (13): Burfict is only one tackle behind Lance Briggs for most in NFL... fine, Pac-Man's not guilty, but if he's really turned his life around, how does he even get arrested?
9) BALTIMORE RAVENS (14): Every member of the organization should be held accountable for the atrocious 77.8 yards rushing/game (27th)...all that money for a QB with a 70 rating?
10) TENNESSEE TITANS (7): Love the big-play defense with 16 sacks, 6 INTs and 5 recovered fumbles...INDY just went 2-0 versus Seattle and San Fran back-to-back, now it's Tennessee's turn.
11) MIAMI DOLPHINS (6): Only five weeks in and opponents already have 26 more 1st downs...would it not help a second-year QB to average more than 70 yards rushing/game?
12) GREEN BAY PACKERS (17): Allowing a horrific 83% of all red zone possessions to be TDs...not only is that worst in the league, but it's 11% away from 31st.
13) DETROIT LIONS (8): Have never scored on their opening drive of the game this year.
14) DALLAS COWBOYS (15): Whenever Bryant catches two or more TD passes, the Cowboys are 1-7...the irony of the man who called for only 13 rushes saying, "Get the ball to the RB".
15) CHICAGO BEARS (9): The Trestman effect has the offense up to fourth in scoring but the defense is now down to 26th in scoring defense.
16) ARIZONA CARDINALS (20): The Carolina game was the first in Arizona Cardinals history where the defense had 3 INTs and 7 sacks...for all the offensive smack talk, you'd think a whole week of preparation would lead to more than 1.4 points/1st quarter (yeah, that's 32nd).
17) CLEVELAND BROWNS (21): Four players have thrown a pass and it's the punter who is the only one with a QB rating over 83...haven't been 3-2 in 12 years.
18) NEW YORK JETS (23): When a reasonably athletic QB has been hit the fourth-most times in the NFL, he's holding the ball way too long...this hurts.
19) HOUSTON TEXANS (16): Only the Josh Freeman-led Bucs and Houston have zero 40-yard pass plays...Schaub has an NFL record four-game pick-6 streak.
20) SAN DIEGO CHARGERS (12): Biggest drop in the poll because of how bad Rivers looked...one of only three teams averaging 400 yards/game on offense and giving up 400 yards/game on defense (Denver & Philly).
21) CAROLINA PANTHERS (18): When you have a red zone weapon like Cam Newton and you're only converting 50% of your red zone possessions into TDs, that's coaching.
22) ATLANTA FALCONS (19): Allows 50% of all third downs to be converted...never thought a team with Steven Jackson would average less than 80 yards rushing/game.
23) BUFFALO BILLS (24): Hey Miami, want to learn how to raise a young QB? Rush for 153 yards/game.
24) PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (26): Cleveland and five other teams run more plays than Chip Kelly...if the Chip Kelly show is about offense, it's working, but if it's about winning it won't (31.8 points/game against).
25) ST. LOUIS RAMS (22): Old adage says football is about running the football (29th) and stopping the run (29th).
26) MINNESOTA VIKINGS (25): All those years of a vaunted pass rush has been reduced to 29th in sacks.
27) WASHINGTON REDSKINS (27): 15 days for the 32nd-ranked defense giving up 440 yards/game to prepare for Sunday Night at Dallas.
28) OAKLAND RAIDERS (28): Pull the upset at Kansas City and things can get interesting...11th-best rush defense will be severely tested.
29) PITTSBURGH STEELERS (29): Let this sink in, the master of the zone blitz is 32nd in sacks.
30) NEW YORK GIANTS (30): Defense allows nine third down conversions per game.
31) TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS (31): Only two teams average less than 300 yards/game of offense, the last two...after making all of their 2nd half adjustments they've scored zero third quarter points in 2013.
32) JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (32): It was only 2007 when this team won a playoff game...worst team QB rating at 55.
Doug Franz, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- A different kind of measuring stick awaits Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Michael Floyd: A threat Arizona Cardinals have not had since Anquan Boldin
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?