Updated Oct 14, 2013 - 8:43 am
Arizona Cardinals' Calais Campbell returns to Phoenix
Great news: Calais @Campbell93 was released from Bay Area hospital late last night & has returned home to AZ.— MarkDalton (@CardsMarkD) October 14, 2013
Campbell was injured in the fourth quarter of the Cardinals' 32-20 loss to the San Francisco 49ers Sunday at Candlestick Park.
"The good news is that Calais was released last night from the Stanford hospital," Cardinals general manager Steve Keim told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Monday. "We got him back late last night and were updated that he will be in meetings (Monday) morning. We still have a few items to review with the x-rays and the MRI, but everything, at this point, looks positive."
Campbell experienced numbness and tingling in his extremities following the play, but didn't lose motion. He gave a "thumbs-up" sign as he left the field on a stretcher.
I want to give a big thank you for all the support and kind words today. I am feeling good and anxious to return! #appreciatethelove— Calais Campbell (@Campbell93) October 14, 2013
The six-year veteran from Miami has registered 18 total tackles and 3.5 quarterback sacks this season.
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.