Updated Oct 14, 2013 - 8:43 am
Arizona Cardinals' Calais Campbell returns to Phoenix
Great news: Calais @Campbell93 was released from Bay Area hospital late last night & has returned home to AZ.— MarkDalton (@CardsMarkD) October 14, 2013
Campbell was injured in the fourth quarter of the Cardinals' 32-20 loss to the San Francisco 49ers Sunday at Candlestick Park.
"The good news is that Calais was released last night from the Stanford hospital," Cardinals general manager Steve Keim told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Monday. "We got him back late last night and were updated that he will be in meetings (Monday) morning. We still have a few items to review with the x-rays and the MRI, but everything, at this point, looks positive."
Campbell experienced numbness and tingling in his extremities following the play, but didn't lose motion. He gave a "thumbs-up" sign as he left the field on a stretcher.
I want to give a big thank you for all the support and kind words today. I am feeling good and anxious to return! #appreciatethelove— Calais Campbell (@Campbell93) October 14, 2013
The six-year veteran from Miami has registered 18 total tackles and 3.5 quarterback sacks this season.
- Tommy Kelly happy to be wanted, with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves