Forbes: Cards' Fitzgerald NFL's most-liked player
Forbes' list is based on several surveys from E-Poll Market Research, which tracks the marketing powers of celebrities by "measuring dozens of attributes including awareness, likability, and other perceived qualities like influence, talent and confidence."
But for Forbes' purposes, it just focused on likability and awareness -- "who do do people ‘like' or ‘like a lot' among NFL players" -- and Fitzgerald ran away with first place by earning a whopping 74 percent. The Vikings' Adrian Peterson was second with 64 percent.
Fitzgerald's likable personality is nothing new to those familiar with the Arizona sports scene. He often takes offseason trips around the world planned around charitable opportunities, and according to a 2012 Sports Illustrated article, Fitzgerald has traveled through 80 countries on every continent but Antarctica.
The 10-year pro out of the University of Pittsburgh has also gone on a number of USO Tours, and he's working toward fulfilling a promise to his mother and earning a college degree through the University of Phoenix.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.