Forbes: Cards' Fitzgerald NFL's most-liked player
Forbes' list is based on several surveys from E-Poll Market Research, which tracks the marketing powers of celebrities by "measuring dozens of attributes including awareness, likability, and other perceived qualities like influence, talent and confidence."
But for Forbes' purposes, it just focused on likability and awareness -- "who do do people ‘like' or ‘like a lot' among NFL players" -- and Fitzgerald ran away with first place by earning a whopping 74 percent. The Vikings' Adrian Peterson was second with 64 percent.
Fitzgerald's likable personality is nothing new to those familiar with the Arizona sports scene. He often takes offseason trips around the world planned around charitable opportunities, and according to a 2012 Sports Illustrated article, Fitzgerald has traveled through 80 countries on every continent but Antarctica.
The 10-year pro out of the University of Pittsburgh has also gone on a number of USO Tours, and he's working toward fulfilling a promise to his mother and earning a college degree through the University of Phoenix.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up