Forbes: Cards' Fitzgerald NFL's most-liked player
Forbes' list is based on several surveys from E-Poll Market Research, which tracks the marketing powers of celebrities by "measuring dozens of attributes including awareness, likability, and other perceived qualities like influence, talent and confidence."
But for Forbes' purposes, it just focused on likability and awareness -- "who do do people ‘like' or ‘like a lot' among NFL players" -- and Fitzgerald ran away with first place by earning a whopping 74 percent. The Vikings' Adrian Peterson was second with 64 percent.
Fitzgerald's likable personality is nothing new to those familiar with the Arizona sports scene. He often takes offseason trips around the world planned around charitable opportunities, and according to a 2012 Sports Illustrated article, Fitzgerald has traveled through 80 countries on every continent but Antarctica.
The 10-year pro out of the University of Pittsburgh has also gone on a number of USO Tours, and he's working toward fulfilling a promise to his mother and earning a college degree through the University of Phoenix.
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.
- House of Cards Camp Awards - Friday August 22Doug & Wolf announce the winners of the 2014 House of Cards Camp Awards.
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.