Forbes: Cards' Fitzgerald NFL's most-liked player
Forbes' list is based on several surveys from E-Poll Market Research, which tracks the marketing powers of celebrities by "measuring dozens of attributes including awareness, likability, and other perceived qualities like influence, talent and confidence."
But for Forbes' purposes, it just focused on likability and awareness -- "who do do people ‘like' or ‘like a lot' among NFL players" -- and Fitzgerald ran away with first place by earning a whopping 74 percent. The Vikings' Adrian Peterson was second with 64 percent.
Fitzgerald's likable personality is nothing new to those familiar with the Arizona sports scene. He often takes offseason trips around the world planned around charitable opportunities, and according to a 2012 Sports Illustrated article, Fitzgerald has traveled through 80 countries on every continent but Antarctica.
The 10-year pro out of the University of Pittsburgh has also gone on a number of USO Tours, and he's working toward fulfilling a promise to his mother and earning a college degree through the University of Phoenix.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.