Updated Oct 18, 2013 - 8:03 am
Finally healthy, Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham records two sacks
But when the second-year quarterback was corralled during Seattle's 34-22 victory, it was often Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham doing the dirty work.
Abraham recorded the first two sacks of his Cardinals' career in the third quarter of the 12-point loss. Both sacks resulted in fumbles with the second one getting recovered by fellow linebacker Matt Shaughnessy.
The 14-year veteran said his performance had more to do with health than circumstance.
"Getting a lot of treatment on my shoulder," Abraham said when asked what was the biggest difference between Thursday night and the first six weeks. "I've had a lot of shoulder problems. And rushing the passer, when you're arm isn't there like you want them to be it tends to hurt you against the run and the pass.
"I did a lot of work and rehab and getting it back. It felt a lot better, and it felt like I could get around the corner. I was able to use my arm more in the pass rush."
Despite taking down the 61st different quarterback in his career, the NFL's active sack leader left the field at University of Phoenix Stadium disappointed by the final result.
"We felt like we could play with this team," said Abraham. "There were just not enough big plays, and we gave up way too much on the ground. [Marshawn] Lynch is a great running back, but the quarterback-running back duo really got to us in the ground game.
"They did a real good job on the read option and got yards when they needed it."
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.