Updated Oct 18, 2013 - 8:03 am
Finally healthy, Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham records two sacks
But when the second-year quarterback was corralled during Seattle's 34-22 victory, it was often Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham doing the dirty work.
Abraham recorded the first two sacks of his Cardinals' career in the third quarter of the 12-point loss. Both sacks resulted in fumbles with the second one getting recovered by fellow linebacker Matt Shaughnessy.
The 14-year veteran said his performance had more to do with health than circumstance.
"Getting a lot of treatment on my shoulder," Abraham said when asked what was the biggest difference between Thursday night and the first six weeks. "I've had a lot of shoulder problems. And rushing the passer, when you're arm isn't there like you want them to be it tends to hurt you against the run and the pass.
"I did a lot of work and rehab and getting it back. It felt a lot better, and it felt like I could get around the corner. I was able to use my arm more in the pass rush."
Despite taking down the 61st different quarterback in his career, the NFL's active sack leader left the field at University of Phoenix Stadium disappointed by the final result.
"We felt like we could play with this team," said Abraham. "There were just not enough big plays, and we gave up way too much on the ground. [Marshawn] Lynch is a great running back, but the quarterback-running back duo really got to us in the ground game.
"They did a real good job on the read option and got yards when they needed it."
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!