Updated Oct 18, 2013 - 8:03 am
Finally healthy, Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham records two sacks
But when the second-year quarterback was corralled during Seattle's 34-22 victory, it was often Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham doing the dirty work.
Abraham recorded the first two sacks of his Cardinals' career in the third quarter of the 12-point loss. Both sacks resulted in fumbles with the second one getting recovered by fellow linebacker Matt Shaughnessy.
The 14-year veteran said his performance had more to do with health than circumstance.
"Getting a lot of treatment on my shoulder," Abraham said when asked what was the biggest difference between Thursday night and the first six weeks. "I've had a lot of shoulder problems. And rushing the passer, when you're arm isn't there like you want them to be it tends to hurt you against the run and the pass.
"I did a lot of work and rehab and getting it back. It felt a lot better, and it felt like I could get around the corner. I was able to use my arm more in the pass rush."
Despite taking down the 61st different quarterback in his career, the NFL's active sack leader left the field at University of Phoenix Stadium disappointed by the final result.
"We felt like we could play with this team," said Abraham. "There were just not enough big plays, and we gave up way too much on the ground. [Marshawn] Lynch is a great running back, but the quarterback-running back duo really got to us in the ground game.
"They did a real good job on the read option and got yards when they needed it."
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Arizona Cardinals sign wide receiver/kick returner Reggie Dunn
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday July 25ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton talks about Marshawn Lynch’s impending holdout.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?