Report: Arizona Cardinals try out TE Jake Ballard
According to Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post, the team recently tried out Jake Ballard.
Ballard has been working his way back tull strength following micofracture knee surgery and anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction that he underwent last year.
Ballard spent last year with the Patriots on injured reserve and was waived by the AFC East franchise in August.
Ballard, 25, spent the first two years of his career with the New York Giants, where he caught 38 passes for 604 yards and four touchdowns. A 6-foot-6, 256-pound player, he was originally undrafted out of Ohio State but quickly became a key contributor for the team.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?