Report: Arizona Cardinals try out TE Jake Ballard
According to Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post, the team recently tried out Jake Ballard.
Ballard has been working his way back tull strength following micofracture knee surgery and anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction that he underwent last year.
Ballard spent last year with the Patriots on injured reserve and was waived by the AFC East franchise in August.
Ballard, 25, spent the first two years of his career with the New York Giants, where he caught 38 passes for 604 yards and four touchdowns. A 6-foot-6, 256-pound player, he was originally undrafted out of Ohio State but quickly became a key contributor for the team.
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Arizona Cardinals bring in veteran Max Starks for depth, not to replace Bobby Massie
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.