Report: Arizona Cardinals try out TE Jake Ballard
According to Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post, the team recently tried out Jake Ballard.
Ballard has been working his way back tull strength following micofracture knee surgery and anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction that he underwent last year.
Ballard spent last year with the Patriots on injured reserve and was waived by the AFC East franchise in August.
Ballard, 25, spent the first two years of his career with the New York Giants, where he caught 38 passes for 604 yards and four touchdowns. A 6-foot-6, 256-pound player, he was originally undrafted out of Ohio State but quickly became a key contributor for the team.
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?