Report: Arizona Cardinals try out TE Jake Ballard
According to Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post, the team recently tried out Jake Ballard.
Ballard has been working his way back tull strength following micofracture knee surgery and anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction that he underwent last year.
Ballard spent last year with the Patriots on injured reserve and was waived by the AFC East franchise in August.
Ballard, 25, spent the first two years of his career with the New York Giants, where he caught 38 passes for 604 yards and four touchdowns. A 6-foot-6, 256-pound player, he was originally undrafted out of Ohio State but quickly became a key contributor for the team.
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington 'physically ready for that pounding' he expects this season
- Reunited with Bruce Arians, Arizona Cardinals tackle Max Starks looking forward to new challenges
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.