Updated Oct 28, 2013 - 9:03 am
Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim debunks Larry Fitzgerald trade rumors
Schefter tweeted that Pro Bowl receiver Larry Fitzgerald would be available for a trade this offseason, should a deal not be struck before the NFL trade deadline hits Tuesday.
Fitzgerald responded Sunday with four catches for 48 yards and a touchdown in the Cardinals' 27-13 win, and then responded to the rumors following the contest.
"If they decide to move me, that happens," Fitzgerald said. "I have no control over any of that. I just focus on what I can do to improve and help my team."
Monday morning, Arizona general manager Steve Keim left no doubt about the organization's feelings on Sunday's rumor.
"I can tell you two things, and I want to make this clear and simple," Keim told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Monday. "I have not had one conversation with another NFL team regarding a trade with Larry Fitzgerald.
"Number two, starting with Michael Bidwill down, it is our intent for Larry Fitzgerald to retire a Cardinal, period. If there was any grey area there guys, let me know, and we'll get it out."
You may now breathe easy, Fitz fans.
There has been plenty of speculation about Fitzgerald's future with the team that made him the third-overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft out of the University of Pittsburgh. Declining production, along with an astronomical salary cap hit of $18 million has fueled the discussion about Fitzgerald's longevity in Arizona. Keim also addressed the latter.
"Regardless of the situation, we have a counter for Larry's deal moving forward. Now anything else that's done is something we're going to have to look at and continue to talk through, but Larry Fitzgerald is a Cardinal and will remain a Cardinal."
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.