Updated Oct 30, 2013 - 12:17 pm
Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu named to Sporting News' 'all-bargain team'
The rookie defensive back was recently6 named to Sporting News NFL's "all-bargain team," landing at No. 22 on the list. His salary of $405,000 in 2013 means the Cardinals have received a good return on their modest investment so far.
He's wanted to shed both the Honey Badger nickname and some of his troubled past at LSU, and his immediate standout play has been huge indication of his commitment to be better all-around in the NFL. He has become so fun to watch on Sunday because he seems to be everywhere making clutch plays. His stats across the board (one sack, two interceptions, five passes defended, a forced fumble and 47 tackles) indicate that.
Mathieu found himself on the list just behind Cleveland Browns safety T.J. Ward and ahead of Miami Dolphins kicker Caleb Sturgis. Seattle's Russell Wilson, with a salary of $526,217, was listed as No. 1 on the "all-bargain team."
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.