Updated Oct 31, 2013 - 8:31 am
Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month
In four games during October, Mathieu totaled 21 tackles, an interception, a sack and defended five passes while playing 86 percent of all defensive snaps.
The third-round pick out of LSU is one of only six players in the NFL with at least two interceptions, a sack and a forced fumble on the season joining Buffalo LB Kiko Alonso, Baltimore LB Daryl Smith, Carolina S Mike Mitchell, NY Giants S Antrel Rolle and Denver LB Danny Trevathan.
Mathieu, who ranks second on the team with 49 total tackles, is just the third Cardinals player to win the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month Award, joining CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (2008) and DE Simeon Rice (1996) as recipients.
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.