Updated Oct 31, 2013 - 8:31 am
Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month
In four games during October, Mathieu totaled 21 tackles, an interception, a sack and defended five passes while playing 86 percent of all defensive snaps.
The third-round pick out of LSU is one of only six players in the NFL with at least two interceptions, a sack and a forced fumble on the season joining Buffalo LB Kiko Alonso, Baltimore LB Daryl Smith, Carolina S Mike Mitchell, NY Giants S Antrel Rolle and Denver LB Danny Trevathan.
Mathieu, who ranks second on the team with 49 total tackles, is just the third Cardinals player to win the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month Award, joining CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (2008) and DE Simeon Rice (1996) as recipients.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!