Updated Oct 31, 2013 - 8:31 am
Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month
In four games during October, Mathieu totaled 21 tackles, an interception, a sack and defended five passes while playing 86 percent of all defensive snaps.
The third-round pick out of LSU is one of only six players in the NFL with at least two interceptions, a sack and a forced fumble on the season joining Buffalo LB Kiko Alonso, Baltimore LB Daryl Smith, Carolina S Mike Mitchell, NY Giants S Antrel Rolle and Denver LB Danny Trevathan.
Mathieu, who ranks second on the team with 49 total tackles, is just the third Cardinals player to win the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month Award, joining CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (2008) and DE Simeon Rice (1996) as recipients.
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.