Updated Oct 31, 2013 - 8:31 am
Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month
In four games during October, Mathieu totaled 21 tackles, an interception, a sack and defended five passes while playing 86 percent of all defensive snaps.
The third-round pick out of LSU is one of only six players in the NFL with at least two interceptions, a sack and a forced fumble on the season joining Buffalo LB Kiko Alonso, Baltimore LB Daryl Smith, Carolina S Mike Mitchell, NY Giants S Antrel Rolle and Denver LB Danny Trevathan.
Mathieu, who ranks second on the team with 49 total tackles, is just the third Cardinals player to win the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month Award, joining CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (2008) and DE Simeon Rice (1996) as recipients.
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Arizona Cardinals' Terry McDonough: Emotion not a good tool for evaluating draft talent
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?