Updated Oct 31, 2013 - 8:31 am
Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month
In four games during October, Mathieu totaled 21 tackles, an interception, a sack and defended five passes while playing 86 percent of all defensive snaps.
The third-round pick out of LSU is one of only six players in the NFL with at least two interceptions, a sack and a forced fumble on the season joining Buffalo LB Kiko Alonso, Baltimore LB Daryl Smith, Carolina S Mike Mitchell, NY Giants S Antrel Rolle and Denver LB Danny Trevathan.
Mathieu, who ranks second on the team with 49 total tackles, is just the third Cardinals player to win the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month Award, joining CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (2008) and DE Simeon Rice (1996) as recipients.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.