Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Nov. 6
- Left tackle Bradley Sowell did not participate in the portion of practice that was open to the media.
- On the other hand, running back Rashard Mendenhall and receiver Larry Fitzgerald were on the field going through drills with the team.
- Receiver Michael Floyd spent some time on the side catching passes -- with one hand. He's quite adept at it, too.
Stat of the Day
Cardinals QB Carson Palmer has faced the Houston Texans just twice in his career, going 1-1 in the process. He has completed 69.57 percent of his passes for 535 yards with two touchdowns and one interception.
Quote of the Day
"He's the best of the best; he's an elite, elite player," Cardinals right tackle Eric Winston said of Texans DE J.J. Watt, who has 5.5 sacks this season after tallying 20.5 last year. "I don't think it was an overstatement when Wade, in the beginning of the season, said he's going to be a future hall of famer if he keeps it up. I think there's no doubt about it.
"No one's blocked him yet, hopefully I can get in his way a few times."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On November 6, 2011, the Arizona Cardinals beat the St. Louis Rams on a 99-yard Patrick Peterson punt return touchdown in overtime.
The game only went into overtime because QB John Skelton hit Larry Fitzgerald for a 13-yard touchdown with under five minutes remaining, then Calais Campbell blocked Josh Brown's would-be game winning FG attempt as regulation expired.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer relishing opportunity in the desert
- Being first is an important step for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.