Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Nov. 6
- Left tackle Bradley Sowell did not participate in the portion of practice that was open to the media.
- On the other hand, running back Rashard Mendenhall and receiver Larry Fitzgerald were on the field going through drills with the team.
- Receiver Michael Floyd spent some time on the side catching passes -- with one hand. He's quite adept at it, too.
Stat of the Day
Cardinals QB Carson Palmer has faced the Houston Texans just twice in his career, going 1-1 in the process. He has completed 69.57 percent of his passes for 535 yards with two touchdowns and one interception.
Quote of the Day
"He's the best of the best; he's an elite, elite player," Cardinals right tackle Eric Winston said of Texans DE J.J. Watt, who has 5.5 sacks this season after tallying 20.5 last year. "I don't think it was an overstatement when Wade, in the beginning of the season, said he's going to be a future hall of famer if he keeps it up. I think there's no doubt about it.
"No one's blocked him yet, hopefully I can get in his way a few times."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On November 6, 2011, the Arizona Cardinals beat the St. Louis Rams on a 99-yard Patrick Peterson punt return touchdown in overtime.
The game only went into overtime because QB John Skelton hit Larry Fitzgerald for a 13-yard touchdown with under five minutes remaining, then Calais Campbell blocked Josh Brown's would-be game winning FG attempt as regulation expired.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.