Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Nov. 6
- Left tackle Bradley Sowell did not participate in the portion of practice that was open to the media.
- On the other hand, running back Rashard Mendenhall and receiver Larry Fitzgerald were on the field going through drills with the team.
- Receiver Michael Floyd spent some time on the side catching passes -- with one hand. He's quite adept at it, too.
Stat of the Day
Cardinals QB Carson Palmer has faced the Houston Texans just twice in his career, going 1-1 in the process. He has completed 69.57 percent of his passes for 535 yards with two touchdowns and one interception.
Quote of the Day
"He's the best of the best; he's an elite, elite player," Cardinals right tackle Eric Winston said of Texans DE J.J. Watt, who has 5.5 sacks this season after tallying 20.5 last year. "I don't think it was an overstatement when Wade, in the beginning of the season, said he's going to be a future hall of famer if he keeps it up. I think there's no doubt about it.
"No one's blocked him yet, hopefully I can get in his way a few times."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On November 6, 2011, the Arizona Cardinals beat the St. Louis Rams on a 99-yard Patrick Peterson punt return touchdown in overtime.
The game only went into overtime because QB John Skelton hit Larry Fitzgerald for a 13-yard touchdown with under five minutes remaining, then Calais Campbell blocked Josh Brown's would-be game winning FG attempt as regulation expired.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.